1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by onetrickpony, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,504 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    Right. It's a chess match and it happens right before every snap.

I don't care how much whining I read over it. I like my franchise QB having the freedom to make those decisions and I'll never criticize the coach for it.
  2. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I honestly think teams show Romo look, then switch out when they hear kill, kill, kill
  3. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

964 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    My understanding is just THIS, it could be run/pass, pass/run, run/run, whatever. Could mean nothing depending on what is called in the huddle to confuse. So assuming it is always a certain way is wrong!
  4. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,937 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    That's why they usually wait to the last second.
  5. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Kill could be some kind of indicator.

In baseball, an indicator is used to let the hitter and runners know that the next sign, or the second sign after the indicator, whatever, was the play.

If the sign after the indicator was a true sign (belt = bunt) then the play was on. If it was not a valid sign, then there was no play called. Often, the indicator and sign had to be followed by an on or off signal. A swipe across the chest could mean the play was off, while a clap of the hands means it was on.

It is quite possible that "kill, kill" is an indicator and does or does not mean a thing depending on what follows.

There is no reason to believe that baseball signals are more complicated than football signals. In fact, watching Dez and Ogtree I suspect that whatever they are using is complicated system.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,626 Messages
    5,782 Likes Received
    I love the Milner quote and Avatar. That movie and that character had a big influence on me when I was a kid.