1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiper's new mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 2, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,301 Messages
    293 Likes Received
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,890 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    I was looking at the actual game stats for Hightower, and they really weren't that impressive for this past season. Going to the NFL, that isn't good...sacks and interceptions in the college ranks were low. That doesn't elevate his view beyond down hill.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,019 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    If possible I would trade out of 14 rather than draft Jenkins at 14. Has nothing to do with character, but Hosley/Minnifield + an extra 2nd just sounds much better. I don't think there is a large gap between Jenkins and Minnifiled/Hosely.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,890 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    With Kiper's top, I would agree on a move down or grabbing a tackle.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,444 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Looks like that is actually mcshay's draft linked.

But if the draft falls that way it would seriously suck for Dallas.

A lot of realistic targets for us going within 4 picks of us drafting is terrible.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Would you say there's a large gap between Claiborne and Hosely/Minni?
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,019 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Definitely. Size, speed, top notch college production. Claiborne has it all. Claiborne.is head and shoulders above the rest of the corners in the draft. There's a group of 4, maybe 5, that are close but a good notch below Claiborne.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,972 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    Is Janoris THAT good? Mike Jenkins went 25th overall, is Janoris 11 picks better?

If we lose DeCastro by 1 pick, I'll be so pissed off.
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Based purely on talent, i see Jenkins as being right up there with Claiborne. If he had never had any off the field issues, i think it'd be a toss up between the two for who goes off the board first, although Claiborne might win because he has the ideal size teams are looking for where Jenkins is a bit short.
  10. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Has Michael Brockers going to Carolina at the 9 spot.

Crap.

:bang2:

A week ago, he said DeCastro... now CB is the top need. Did that change because CB is really the top need, or because CeCastro was gone in this version?
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,453 Messages
    6,142 Likes Received
    Another with the 3-4 pass rushers going before we pick.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I'd have to agree.

I don't follow college football all that much but if what people have said about the guy is true, I think it'd warrant a trade up in front of Arizona.

The price to go up 2 slots won't be that high.
  13. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,995 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    I have sort of given up on Ingram,he is not a realistic target at 14.
  14. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From a pure talent standpoint, Janoris Jenkins is exactly the type of player the Cowboys need at LCB. He has the speed and quickness and skill set to take Victor Cruz all over the field, especially in the slot. Jenkins could match-up very well with all the Eagles' receivers, inside and outside. While Nicks would have the size advantage, Nicks would have a very difficult time gaining separation from Jenkins, imo. Plus, Jenkins can jam him in man coverage. Jenkins has a great burst to the football, too. He can get down hill on the football fast and make plays on the ball. Also, Jenkins comes from a winning program at Florida.

The off the field stuff is a big concern, but Jenkins could be a huge steal at 14 if he has put his troubles behind him. He's 5" 9" 3/4, but he sure does a whole lot of technical stuff very well. Furthermore, he is very gifted athletically and has great cover skills. I really like him as a football player. The Cowboys will probably do a bunch of homework on him, and they should.

If Dallas did clear and draft Janoris Jenkins at 14, I would want Kelechi Osemele in round 2.

Bucky Brooks gives Jenkins to the Bengals at 17. Don Banks gives Jenkins to Dallas at 14.
  15. rester

rester Benched

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would want Kelechi Osemele in round 2.

I seen this kid play I don't thing he a day one player

I rather have Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
    Senio Kelemete, G, Wash

Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State 6-3 324

Pass blocking: Not likely to stay at left tackle in the NFL, but shows better lateral agility than expected for his short, stocky build. Quick enough to help left guard with a punch on the tackle after the snap, yet make it outside to stop the end from reaching the pocket. Resets hands after initial contact to maintain distance, also extends his arms at the end of plays to finish. Anchors well against most defenders with low center of gravity and natural bend. Owns a strong punch that will knock rushers off their route. Takes ends around the pocket and blocks off inside lane against most tackles or twisting ends; NFL defenders will have the edge in quickness in those situations, however.
    Run blocking: By no means a gentle giant, attacks defenders in the run game and will finish blocks. Plays with violent hands at the point of attack. Crashes down the edge, will take multiple defenders to the ground. Overextends trying to sustain or dominate blocks instead of simply walling off quicker defenders. Will let up on blocks on occasion when he thinks the play is away.
    Pulling/trapping: Hustle and agility allow coaches to use him in front of bubble screens despite his thick, compact build and average long speed. Nimble and quick enough to trap inside or even pull around to the strong-side of the formation from his left tackle spot. Flattens small-college linebackers at the second level when coming straight-on. Flashes some flexibility to get a hand up against oncoming inside defenders, but must show he can make that block against speed of the pro game.
    Initial Quickness: Rarely challenged off the snap by Division II defenders on run or pass plays, must ramp it up against NFL-caliber quickness. Gets into move blocks very quickly for his size. Lines up mostly in two-point stance at tackle, needs to show he can get into and out of his stance effectively inside with his hand on the ground.
    Downfield: Size and a lack of long foot speed will limit his range, but his effort to help out running backs in the second level (and beyond) is impressive. Can hit multiple defenders if following or leading his back down the field, plays with the tenacity to push piles downfield for extra yardage. Intangibles: Possesses on-field nastiness and hustle to help teammates, NFL coaches will get even more out of him. Scouts will have major questions about his level of competition, as well as his football and general intelligence, after he played two years at junior college and two years in Division
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received

well luckily round 2 is on day 2 of the draft....:D
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,399 Messages
    8,302 Likes Received
    Disagree. No trade ups for anybody. We need a full draft class.

Cordy Glenn isn't a bad consolation prize. I may actually prefer him.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,399 Messages
    8,302 Likes Received
    I can't remember the last time Melly Mel didn't have a CB pegged for Dallas in the first round.

Hair gel kills brain cells, apparently.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,244 Messages
    2,669 Likes Received
    I agree with the value to be had, as well as the gap.

Collecting 2 starting quality CBs over 1 would be great, especially with adding a late 1st or another 2nd round pick.
  20. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,316 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Skill wise...

If not for the weed charges we would be talking about the best corner to come out of college in a while