1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kirk Cousins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Name to keep an eye on. I'm told the Cowboys like him and did not expect him to be here at this point. I don't know if he will be the 1st pick in the 4th round but if he continues to drop to the comp pick I would pencil him in.
  2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    gag, his decision making is questionable.
    I far prefer a UDFA like Kellen Moore if he makes it that far. Moore can make all the throws and I don't question his decision making ability, plus he's a flat out winner.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,120 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    Another wasted pick IMO. Will never see the field for at least 3-4 yrs. We should just use that pick on a corner and cut him after TC instead.:)
  4. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet another guy who will do nothing long-term and won't help the Cowboys in 2012.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Lots of praise for Cousins through the media, don't know what scouts think of him. He is a winner and tons of big time experience.

Any other rumors you hearing, SDogo?
  6. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well what I do like about hearing this is the fact that the Cowboys are paying a lil more attention to talent more than need at this time in the draft.

Sure in the 4th round, you can still look at need, but BPA starts taking over in this area.
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Ryan wants more help along the DL and Defensive Backfield and will probably get it but Jason wants to get offensive first......that's the way it was said to me. lol
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    I liked his interview with Gruden on ESPN, dont think he be a frequent visitor to the old 90's White House if you know what I mean. That said I want a QB next year. I think they could get some good players in 4, particularly on D.
  9. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Yeah you could see them arguing in the warroom yesterday.

I think its a good that Ryan will stand up to JG now, otherwise we would be looking at the same all offensive draft we had last year.

What we need is balance.
  10. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Thanks.

Orson Charles then Leonard Johnson will be my guess.
  11. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting... he's certainly one of the highest rated players left on my sheets, and I liked him well enough to draft him (albeit for the Packers) in Risen Star's mock a few weeks back... I think he'd need some time, but he might have the ability to become a successful starter in the league...
  12. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well Kirk Cousins is neither, he is essentially keeping the bench warm for players. What does that fall under, special teams?
  13. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Y'know, with your keen personnel evaluation skills, you're wasting your time here with us... you should get those resumes out, surely there's a team somewhere in desperate need of your brilliance...

When you get to the late 4th round, you are permitted to look at players who might need time to develop... all teams do... but again, I'm quite impressed with your ability to look into your crystal ball and see the kid's NFL future, and grateful for your kindness sharing it with us...
  14. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are there no linebackers in the equation at all??
  15. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Not a bad player to pick up in the 4th round. Could develop into a solid starter with time. Matt Cassell type career?
  16. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    romo has at least 4 years left. why would we even think about drafting qb right now. sure we need to think about the future and start grooming someone. but, we have another year or two before we start doing that. IMO it's bad timing wasting a draft pick on a QB this year. Maybe, just maybe next year at the earliest.
  17. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is not the time for the Cowboys to be blowing picks on Stephen McGees, unless you like losing.
  18. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Good question, hopefully the defensive backfield includes LBs.
  19. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Yes sir, that is the same thing I was told, that we would draft Cousins if he is still there,
  20. Deep_Freeze

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    It would be a BPA pick that maybe could turn into another pick ala Philly and other teams who do it.

Thats why.