1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kirkpatrick to Boys,RG3 to skins, Kuechly to Eagles and Hightower to gspots per...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Mar 1, 2012.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    this guy from Fox Sports.com: Peter Schrager. DOes he know what he's talking about? Hopefuly not, but I have seen his trade proposal for RG3 elsewhere: that is indeed about 3,000 pts. and the two front offices are chummy.........as I've said, no way Cleveland gets it done: they are CLEVELAND after all.:eek:: ......

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/02/2...&feedID=370 2

Sources say the Rams are asking for the equivalent of the No. 1 overall pick in exchange for Griffin. If you reference the tried and true trade value chart, that’s 3,000 points — a whole, whole lot. The ‘Skins — desperate for a franchise quarterback and a return to relevance in the NFC East — could give the Rams the sixth overall pick (1,600 points), their second (520 points) and third (240) round picks, as well as their first-round pick for next year. That’s a king's ransom and should be enough, but if the Rams need a veteran player, the ‘Skins could throw one in the mix, too. RG3 to D.C. Mark it down!

14. Dallas Cowboys: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama: Less than five days after declaring for the NFL draft, Kirkpatrick was in a rented vehicle that police said had 7.9 grams of marijuana in it.
    The charges were eventually dropped, but Kirkpatrick was grilled by teams and media over the weekend about the incident. "It was just me being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and the guy that left the marijuana in the car turned himself in," Kirkpatrick said of the incident near Bradenton, Fla. "He didn't want to put me in that bad situation. He signed an affidavit saying that I was unaware of the marijuana being in the car, and the charges have been dropped.”
    Will that be enough for some teams to get over the incident? For many teams, maybe not. For the Cowboys? Sure. A six-foot cornerback with top-flight speed (think Patrick Peterson speed), Kirkpatrick is the rare tall cornerback who can keep up with the game’s fastest receivers (think Patrick Peterson).
    The Cowboys are desperate for some depth and some young talent at cornerback. Kirkpatrick would be a steal at No. 14.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,170 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Kirkpatrick has Patrick Peterson speed? Oooooookay...
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,764 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    Do NOT post full articles on here.
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,593 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    I would lose my mind if this scenario played out. No corners in the first round PLEASE!!! I hate the thought of a guard at #14, but I would accept DeCastro over any corner every day of the week and twice on Sundays. RGIII to the Skins makes me want to vomit.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,505 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    I don't like this scenario one bit.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,829 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    If the draft fell this way with the Card taking DeCastro at 13 and Cowboys taking Kirkpatrick at 14 I would be pretty happy about it.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...that was my original point : hope to heck this guy is dead wrong. That would not be a pleasant draft day IMO, but........we shall see.
  8. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

635 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'm starting to want either Poe or Decastro
  9. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,577 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Me neither.
  10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,580 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    I don't want to see Hightower in a Giants uniform, period.

That guy is a player.
  11. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I think the giants would grab Coby Fleener if he where there. I hope he isnt because i think he's going to be special.
  12. rags747

rags747 Active Member

950 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Yeah I would hate for the Giants to get either Feener or Hightower as well. Two good players left that late in the 1st rnd for the Giants to scoop up.