1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kony 2012 Group Co-founder Detained

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reality, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,938 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Russell is also described as a Christian..."

You don't say.:rolleyes:
  4. Reality

11,938 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
    It was widely speculated he was human too .. :D

#reality
  5. Reality

11,938 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
    It's VIRAL SPAM!!!! :D

#reality
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,771 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Supposedly he was punching the clown out in public.

Not a good move.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,457 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    He was pretty exhausted though. It's perfectly understandable.
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:
  9. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,661 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I love how the CEO of invisible children was talking about how exhausted he was and how it manifested itself in this unfortunate incident. I'm sorry, but I've been very tired in my life, but have never once whacked it in public. :laugh2:
  10. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    He's a hipster dope, i unfortunately know that organization's employees peripherally and they're just about the most insufferable self important group of youtube video makers you can imagine.

Lessons to be learned:
    A. always vet the cause and maker of a viral video before jumping on the bandwagon.

B. If Looking to head a credible charity do not arrogantly dismiss concerns about your organization, the methodology of your approach and then commit lewd acts in public in broad day light while under the influence of a substance and vandalizing cars.

C. Don't get arrested after becoming famous trying to arrest someone by supposedly making them "famous".

D. Never talk about Fight Club...
  11. Hoofbite

32,771 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Give a try some time.

It's a breath of fresh air.

Once the cops start chasing, the adrenaline really starts going and you pretty much forget about having not slept.
  12. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    He needs to get in touch with Peewee Herman and George Michael.

I guess Invisible Children have no groupies so he helped himself, not unlike he does with their money...
  13. Hoofbite

32,771 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Jeez.

What's the world coming to when you can't even go out into public butt naked and slap the concrete like a maniac without having some jerk with a camera film it?

That guy is crazy. Feel bad for all the people that donated to him.

Donate to a guy who shows up a week later naked as the day he was born in the middle of a crowded intersection.
  14. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,926 Messages
    762 Likes Received
  15. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    A video presentation by a group called "Invisible Children" calling for action & awareness (read: donations) w.r.t. some pseudo-Christian terrorist in Uganda named Kony, and his army of non-volunteer child soldiers.

Or so I understand. Ain't seen it myself.
  16. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,791 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    He went bat poop insane.
  17. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    that's what they want you believe, what they don't tell you is that they want U.S military intervention in Uganda, what they're actually asking is for people the to pressure the US government to go to war in uganda.

Other inconvenient facts are that Ugandans hate this campaign, the civil war with Kony ended in 2006 and the ugnadan government actually attempted to give him amnesty as a peace offering, also IF you did try and fight Kony that means you'd have to kill those child soldiers he's trained.

Also vacant from their narrative is the fact the Ugandan government EMPLOYS child soldiers and their present president actually was the first person in the country to train child soldiers, but Invisible Children wants you to back those child soldiers.

it's hipster madness, under particular scrutiny after it was revealed less than a third of their 10 million budget actually goes to africa and that the ceo's (like the one caught whacking off in public under the influence) make close to 90k a piece, big dough for a supposedly small non-profit.

it's a scam, the only one that was going to benefit from this video was Invisible Children, not ugandans.
  18. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    he was already deceitful and arrogant, just revealed in a public rampage. It takes a clinical narcissist to lose oneself like that, even under the influence, and even if it was hard drugs that's just further revelation of his ego to be in a position of supposed public awareness and to not take care of one's reputation.

Invisible Children had been dismissive of criticism but now they're just indefensible, all credibility lost.
  19. Hoofbite

32,771 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Pretty much it.

From what I heard (and I don't know how true it is cause I didn't bother to look it up), he kidnaps kids and either forces the girls into prostitution or forces the boys into his army.

He keeps them in line by providing them a constant fix of drugs.

Supposedly he forces the kids to mutilate people and even kill their own parents.

And the other part is the money the fund has generated where a ton of it has gone to many suspect things.
  20. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    See my reply to the same post for the full story.