1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kyle Orton: "The decision"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I think Weeden is the insurance if Tony can't go...who is losing games by themselves? and, you may get your wish in drafting a project...I can see them using one of the 7th's on a QB project, especially if they don't see the 3 QB's that they have now lasting....we just don't know that answer yet
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Orton is probably the best backup in the game though.
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Weeden was losing games by himself. Orton hasn't retired, unless I missed the news Orton is retiring, that means we'd have four QBs on the roster if they go to the 7th.
  4. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,304 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    An All-Pro WR, HOF TE and Pro-Bowl RB along with an OL that played at a top 5-10 level last season. Our running game alone saw Murray lead the league in YPC last season.

There are not 10 offensive rosters that offer a better supporting cast than ours.
    randy932 likes this.
  5. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

533 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    A bit expensive, though.

I'm for jettisoning that fat contract, and drafting Romo's back-up, with Weeden as the insurance.

If Tony goes down, we're screwed anyway.
    khiladi likes this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,279 Messages
    2,838 Likes Received
    Mini camp arm to give Romo some rest.
    khiladi likes this.
  7. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Active Member

707 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Me thinks a QB will be taken late in the draft, and Weeden will be sent packing once the final cuts come down.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,041 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    Witten is not himself anymore, he's a slightly above average TE at best now. As for Murray, though he is talented he is always banged up. We're an average offense (or slightly above) who's talent is very top ended. We have some good players on offense for sure, but our backups and dept are nothing special. For the whole year last year we didn't even have a #2 WR, yet we're a top 5 offense? Lol.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,985 Messages
    3,920 Likes Received
    He's probably talking in terms of offensive points/series, which is a pretty good measure of an offense's effectiveness as it accounts for both scoring and opportunities. At least, it's a much better measure than a statistic such as total yards.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,279 Messages
    2,838 Likes Received
    Agreed. That wouldn't be a big surprise. In fact, I expect it.
  11. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,556 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    How are we "wasting" a spot on him? We're not near the roster limit, he's not guaranteed any money. Why not have him around at this point?
  12. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,690 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Reportedly, the staff felt it necessary to acquire someone with pro experience to put in reps during optional workouts, minicamps and training camp in the event Romo isn't healed sufficiently and available for that until TC is already underway.
    khiladi likes this.
  13. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received

Dear Fredd: (May I call you Fredd?)
    Reports half come out of Valley Ranch this post-season that Jerra and Stepha had not had official word as to Orton's intentions were for the 2014 season.
    To me, that implied (and some of you mens inferred as well) that Jerra and Stepha know something or suspected a hesitation by Orton on whether to play or not.
    Orton could have anytime he wanted, announced that he was coming back. Yet, he did not, so that fueled speculationism that he was undecided.

In lew of not hearing from him the medium and some fans and even Jerra had some doubts as to his returning.
    And I am confadant that had jerra had a definite word from Ortan on his returning that Wheedon never would half come to Dallas.

So I hope that answer your questions/doubts.

Be of good cheer and let us all drink from the furry cup of friendship and let us hope that Wheedon AND Orton can push each other in practice if not off the train.
  14. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

533 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Your literacy is showing.
  15. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    I cannot say enough about adult education classes. we are learning and growing. by this time nex year i will be teaching syntax and flemmish art at some good university like Killgore Jr. College.
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received

wait, how can one transfer from one JC to another? I will half to inquire as to the eficasy of such a educational maneuver.
  17. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I hear you and I wasn't taking shot at you. I just haven't heard anything from Orton's camp that he WOULDN'T be back....thus, to me, he will be back

you're good with me gimme! :)
  18. Animosity

Animosity Active Member

359 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    He almost beat the Eagles with 2 days to practice. Makes me wonder what he could have done if he had more time. We all know Romo wouldn't have beaten them.
    randy932 likes this.
  19. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    hey whatever floats yoyr boat. I can say I hae not read a wordohisted exeptwrei quick sando ispa.
  20. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,126 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    10-6 lifetime against them