1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kyle Wilber scouting report

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I really like the pick. I think he'll be a solid player for us.
  2. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,067 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    JG just told Wilber he'll be playing behind Spencer. So, he'll be an OLB for us.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,935 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    I guess this points towards a multi year contract for Spencer?
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Not what I see. I dont think Spencer is in their long range plans.
  5. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Read my post. I said highlight reels and I said NFLN (NFL Network). I found scouting reports... You can find those everywhere. I'm talking about live coverage on tv... They haven't even talked about him or shown any highlight reels. I looked all over the net and youtube. No highlight reels.... Usually if it is a pick that stands out, they show a few clips.

And the Texans just took Crick.... Wow! You think they know something about good defensive players. If our heads weren't up our azzes, we would have taken that guy.... not Wilbur~!

6. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Didn't Crick have medical issues?
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,146 Messages
    4,336 Likes Received
    Sorry but no.
  8. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll be when they discover they have no one to replace him with. Who would've thought they'd have to pay him nearly 9 million dollars for one year, but it happened.
  9. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,963 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Bob McGinn (who had the best Top 100 last year) ranked Wilber in his top 100 players. Here's his report from anonymous NFL scouts --

8. KYLE WILBER, Wake Forest (6-4, 245, 4.71, 3-4) - Overcame a traumatic home situation as a youth. "We had him in for a visit," one scout said. "He's the best kid I've interviewed in 15 years." Generally stood up in the Demon Deacons' unconventional defense that's a cross between a 4-3 and 3-4. "Boy, he's a good-looking athlete," another scout said. "He can run and really close. I thought he was more finesse than power. I wouldn't question his toughness but I kind of wanted him to let loose a little more in that regard. He will be very attractive to 3-4 teams." Finished with 195 tackles (351/2 for loss), 131/2 sacks and nine "big" plays in 43 games (36 starts). Out of Apopka, Fla. "He's a good project," a third scout said. "He's kind of reminiscent of (Jeremy) Thompson a few years ago. He never panned out, for whatever reason."
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,310 Messages
    4,846 Likes Received
    Here are Wilber's measureables compared to other OLB prospects. The list is sorted by 3-cone time.

[IMG]
  11. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    These comparison charts have been great.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yes they have. Thanks xwalker.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,310 Messages
    4,846 Likes Received
    Your welcome, glad you like them.
  14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    so do most of us here and the pundits like Kiper who had Lewis rated MUCH higher than this JAG
  15. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Kyle Wilbur - Pro Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter / per Tony Pauline

Tony Pauline ‏ @ TonyPauline
    Close
    Hearing Kyle Wilber/OLB-DE/Wake Forest, weighed in at 242lbs and ran a 4.67 forty this morning at pro-day...

Kyle Wilber, starting defensive end for the Demon Deacons the past three seasons and a player most teams project to outside linebacker in the NFL, tipped the scales at 242 pounds, seven less than his combine weight, and then ran 40 times as fast as 4.60-seconds, an improvement of almost .15 seconds from his best mark in Indianapolis.

Wilber later did position drills at both defensive end and linebacker for 20 minutes.

Scouts came away impressed, and the senior defender continues to improve his draft stock.
  16. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,656 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Godd find Joe, thanks for sharing.
  17. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,524 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    The highlight clips and reports and such really remind me of Anthony Spencer...and that's probably not a coincidence.

Some reports say some positives about pass rush, but I saw more of a tackle machine...closing down on a run from the backside.

Hopefully this guy and Butler can be good depth. My guess is Butler will be the better pass rusher (and needs more opportunities) and Wilber the better run defender...but who knows at this point.