1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Larry Allen: I miss it a lot

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    Amazing how humble Larry Allen is. He is truly, and I do not think I am exaggerating the point, one of the greatest players this game has ever produced. Very shy, unobtrusive, humble. He seems to take nothing for granted. It makes me feel good to see this from him. Even today, I don't think we truly realize or appreciate just how good that team really was.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I liked the give him a helmet part. That would be hilarious.
  4. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He very possibly is the best player at a particular position the Cowboys have ever had.
  5. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,195 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    Had the pleasure of meeting him, before the Redskins game. Went on one of the tours. Neck of a nice guy. His fingers look tore the heck up! One of my buddies was with me and he isnt a Cowboy fan. When Larry Allen go there they announced it and he asked me who it was. I told him probably the strongest man ever in the NFL. He of course didnt believe me till we went to talk to Larry. I asked him how much that bench press was, my freinds mouth about hit the floor when he said "705 lbs".
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    He better not get screwed by the HOF.

But it wouldn't surprise me one bit. :mad:
  7. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It would absolutely shock me if he were snubbed, and frankly I see zero chance of it and am not worried about it in the least. I will be a bit disappointed if he doesn't go in the first ballot, and I think he will, but there is zero question he will be in.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    I tend to agree Ernie. I too believe he will be in the Hall. As a First Ballot Inductee, well, that may depend on who else is up for induction when his time comes. IDK
  9. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Shouldn't matter. He's the probably the best to play his position...at two positions :laugh2:

The guy should be an absolute shoe-in. LA is the type that will bolster a class, not get in because someone else wasn't in the running.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    He was amazing. I'm so happy to see him getting this well deserved honor and he's definately one of the greatest players in the history of the game to play his position.

He was so dominate it was unreal. We sure could use another Larry Allen right now.
  12. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,676 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Very mild mannered guy... or so it seems! Just ask Jose Cortez. :eek:

Larry Allen is one of my all time favorite Cowboys!
  13. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree with you, and I imagine ABQ would too, but the reality is that O-linemen still can get treated a little like stepchildren, and if there are some quality skill position players that become eligible in the same year we may not be ablt to count on the idiot voters to get it right.
  14. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,209 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    There are many that think Larry Allen is the best ever, and a lot of them are HoF voters. He'll be in first ballot.

Can you imagine his speech though?

*walks up to podium*... correction: *lumbers up to podium*

"Thanks."

*goes to sit down.*