1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Larry Lacewell: Kiffin is "best hire Cowboys have ever made"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 11, 2013.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    671 Likes Received
    For the love of God, if you needed any other proof that this hire is solely the product of Jerry and his drinking buddies with no input from the head coach

Well, here it is...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...l-on-monte-kiffin-best-hire-cowboys-ever-made
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,707 Messages
    533 Likes Received
  3. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received

Since this is Lace's idea, this is a great quote.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,860 Messages
    2,584 Likes Received
    Regardless of any goofy quotes from Lacewell, I do think it was a good move by the Cowboys.
  6. Tractor1

Tractor1 Member

190 Messages
    10 Likes Received

Landry was certainly a good coach, but most of this board would have wanted him run out of town shortly after his tenure began. Prior to receiving the lable of next years champions his teams didn't fair very well. I'd vote Jimmy as the best hire.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,248 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Scariest part of this is we know know who Jerry turns to for advise. This franchise is doomed till Jerry goes toes up.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,965 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Thank you.

I always lose confidence when Larry Lacewell agrees with something. :banghead:

YR
  9. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,596 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Uh, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Cowboys under Jerry Jones, but okay, lol.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Sorry guys, this is Jason's hire.
  11. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,431 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    I'll second that.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,730 Messages
    1,778 Likes Received
    I agree, but the way Jerry does this stuff is ridiculous. Jason looks so weak right now.

It looks like Jerry paving the way to bring Gruden in. He should let Garrett lead the way, not him.
  13. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Uninformed as usual. Look at the Gruden news on the FZ I posted. I was too, now I know better.
  14. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,879 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Yeah sure it was. Was that from your source that said Ryan was a lock to stay?
  15. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    None of my sources said Ryan was a lock to stay. I said I'd be shocked if he was gone due to the injuries the D suffered, and I was.
  16. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Hos,
    I personally would like a definite answer on who really hired and/or thought of Kiffin. Was it Stephen, Jason, or Jerry? Was it Larry Lacewell who planted the seed into the Dallas Front Office's ear?

If Kiffin fails I want heads to Roll but if Kiffin succeeds I want that person to be praised for the smart choice.

Hopefully, "one of the lousy beat writers" can ask Jerry, Jason, or Stephen for the origins of the Kiffin's hiring at the next press conference.
  17. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I dont mind Kiffin he's a great defensive mind, I just don't like us moving to the 4-3
  18. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,786 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    My theory on the two defensive coordinator's under Garrett is that they were his hires but Jerry sets some parameters. I don't think Garrett was ever wedded to the 3-4 and, in fact, the 4-3 may have always been his defense of choice. However, given our personnel at the time Garrett was hired as head coach, Jerry probably stipulated that we retain the 3-4 and needed to hire a DC with that background.

As the defense evolved under Ryan, there were more 4-3 looks and we accumulated more players that could function in that defense. So with this hire, Jerry is more comfortable with moving to a 4-3 since it now doesn't require a significant turnover in personel to transition to that defense.

The parameters that I think Jerry established with this hire are experience and a track record of generating turnovers. I think Jerry is going to surround Garrett this year with more experienced coaches on both defense and offense. Also, the days of the head coach/coordinator are over.
  19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,490 Messages
    165 Likes Received
  20. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hos...most here will just refuse to believe thats the case or ignore you even posted it:laugh2: