1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Latest Clarence Hill Rumors

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by InmanRoshi, Apr 13, 2012.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    - David DeCastro is an option, but the Cowboys are focusing on defense. Likely targets are the usual defensive mid first round suspects (Barron, Cox, Poe, Brockers, Kirkpatrick, Gilmore)

- Cowboys believe Cox will be gone by #14

- Cowboys wont draft Upshaw at 14.

- Cowboys didn't bring in Brockers or Poe for visits, but they like both players and "know all they need to know" on them according to a team source

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/12/3880217/commentary-felix-jones-is-not.html
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Not a lot of new information.

I think Cox goes to Carolina.

Hoping for Barron.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Agreed on all of the above. It's a shame Coples turned out to be such a turd. I was hoping Carolina would take him.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    you'd think what they know about poe and brockers is not to ***** draft them. i'm so sick of even hearing poe's name associated with the cowboys. it will be beyond disappointing if we draft him.
  5. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    If Coples is there at #14 run as fast as you can to the podium and draft him
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    No way. No motor and no desire. He quit without a paycheck, just think of when he gets one.

We need players who love the game. Coples does not.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Hill didn't list him on the players they're looking at.

If Coples has a draft day free fall, I'm guessing there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on besides just an inconsistent motor on game days. Cowboys have a lot of inside scoop between Butch Davis and Brian Baker.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,639 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    ah no and I can see Coples falling out of the first. Way to many red flags on the guy. PLays when he wants to. A locker room cancer, and bad attitude.
  9. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Agreed

If Cox is off the board, I'm really hoping for a trade down to 18-23. Some of those targets will be on the board that long and I love the guys that are on the board at 50-60.

If you gave me the choice of Barron or Gilmore and Vinnie Curry, I'd take the latter. If I hit on either the corner or outside backer, I can buy all but a select few of the safeties in free agency next year. If I hit on both and #45, I'm one of the top teams in the league.
  10. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    If Coples ends up at 27 and becomes a star for the Patriots I'm going to be really mad. Its life but that doesn't mean I can't throw a baseball at a brick wall.
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Agree COMPLETELY!!! I'm going to catch some major flack for this but I'd take Bruce Irvin before Coples.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,065 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Not much new, really. Just really hope they don't like Brockers and Poe. I don't see anything out of those two. At least Kirkpatrick has some skins on the wall. Gilmore--I love but I can't see us drafting a 4th CB in the 1st round.

Such a tough spot in the draft. Decastro is probably a trade down target only and Barron is the guy if we can't move the pick and Cox is gone.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    Signs are pointing to Barron, unless Cox is there.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,318 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Looks that way. I have really grown to the idea of wanting us to draft Cox. Guy has a motor like Ratliff.

I can't say I have warmed up to the idea of barron but I have grown to accept it and hope that he really pans out if we take him.
  15. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,387 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    barron reminds me of brian dawkins and that's perfectly fine with me
  16. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I still would love to see a trade down and select whitney mercilus and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don't see us selecting a guard in the first round considering the depth in this draft. We just signed two guards and also have two guards in waiting that just need to be developed. I am not against taking a guard in 2nd or 3rd. I don't believe we will take a corner either because of the depth of the draft and that the corner would be sitting behind scandrick. I hope our draft looks something like this.

LB,G/C,DE,CB,S,CB,WR
  17. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    God yes, use him just like 49'ers used Aldon Smith!!
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I'm mentally preparing myself for Dre Kirkpatrick after a trade down.
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    That's one of the better comparisons I've seen yet.
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,065 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Ugh. I hope not. I don't like the guy. I've also been bracing for the possibility though.