1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LB Rivers to Giants

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by btcutter, Apr 13, 2012.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    150 Likes Received
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,657 Messages
    180 Likes Received
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Rivers has actually been pretty bad and is also injury prone.

I really don't understand how the Giants do it.

Seems like they're always in cap hell, make poor FA moves... I just don't see many intelligent moves by their FO. Yet for some reason they'll strike gold with one or two players (JPP, Cruz) and that's all it takes for them.

Pretty aggravating.
  4. Big Blue Joe

Big Blue Joe Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quality drafting. For example, the last 4 DE's the Giants have drafted with premium picks are JPP, Kiwanuka, Tuck, and Osi.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    They also got Hakeem Nicks with a later pick then the one we gave up for Roy Williams.

And they didn't give RW11 a $45M contract.

And they kept their 3rd rounder that year.

That RW11 devastated this franchise in ways that few in this fanbase comprehend. He really set us way, way back with that move.

The Giants GM is pretty damn good at evaluating talent and signing contracts. Instead of waiting for players to get exorbitantly expensive he signs them when they are cheap instead of letting the FA market set the price. I think they have both Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas under contract for less than we are paying Carr. They have Osi under contract for less than we are paying Spencer.

Jerry could learn a thing or two from the Giants' bosses about the value of hiring a good GM and getting out of the way.
  6. cowboysflow

cowboysflow New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn good pick up by them!