1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LBs, DTs, and New England's Recent Draft History.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dwmyers, Mar 21, 2006.

1. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    The deal with someone like Gabe is that he would make Ferguson better. Right now, his backup is Thomas Johnson and hopefully "Pepper" is up to the task. If not, a NT is an important draft choice, and DTs of any skill tend to be drafted above rated value (e.g. Casey Hampton, Dimitrius Underwood, Ryan Pickett).

And as far as focusing in on one potential draftee and have that player be the life and death of the Boys: isn't that just hideously boring?

:eek:

David.
  2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm glad I'm not the only one really intrigued by Gabe Watson. That guy is a beast when motivated, and I think he'll be motivated with Parcells coaching him.

I also think there is a ton of value at OLB later in the draft. For instance, if you are determined to draft a LB high, I can throw out a lot of nice options in the second and third rounds.
  3. MiStar

MiStar New Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ... or you can stock up at linebacker. Most rounds, the best value pick will be a linebacker, imo. It's not like we have so many needs that we can't get a little greedy and snatch up a couple very talented linebackers.
  4. MiStar

MiStar New Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ... or you can stock up at linebacker. Most rounds, the best value pick will be a linebacker, imo. It's not like we have so many needs that we can't get a little greedy and snatch up a couple very talented linebackers. :D
  5. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received

Bobby Carpenter, AJ Hawk = Andy Katzenmoyer:lmao2: :lmao2:

OK, just kidding... but what the hell happened to that guy??
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

He had a similiar situation to Dat Nguyen. Had a neck injury. The coach thought he should of been able to play, but Katz wasn't confident that he could.
  7. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    1999 -- 28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State

Remember who the Cowboys got in the 3rd round of this draft?
    Dat Nguyen LB Texas A&M