1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LeCharles Bentley

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by DLCassidy, Dec 12, 2005.

1. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Anyone watching the game? Bentley is mauling the Falcons DL. This guy would be a nice addition as a FA.
  2. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,492 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Please see Sprinkle me post.
  3. HanfordDixon

HanfordDixon Please, Call Me Shirley

264 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wasn't impressed with Bentley at all.

He gave up the inside rush that led to the intentional grounding call near the end of the first half and the inside rush that caused the safety to some 7th round draft pick in the second half.

If he's that inconsistent, well we've got enough of those guys. He looked like Gurode to me.
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,592 Messages
    82 Likes Received

Agree. Not overly impressed.
  5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    He does play for the aints.......let's look at the Chiefs FA?
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,799 Messages
    2,625 Likes Received
    He even wears #65... :eek::

But surely a change of scenery would help him. There's a huge malaise over that entire team.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,732 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    That was him? I thought people were taking up Bentley as a center. I didn't realize he was the guard on those plays. I was just thinking whomever it was did a poor job. Brooks didn't have a chance on that safety.
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,754 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    did you see how the saints run the ball up the middle. they were mauling the falcons until the defense adjusted, once they figured out brooks wasnt going to beat them they just ganged up to stop the run.

Brooks is awful, who else runs back 20 yards to avoid a sack then gets in such a bad position he cant even throw the ball away and get it back to the line of scrimage. he kiled several drives by doing stuff like that.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,340 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    Yes, let's give a huge free agent contract to an inconsistent player. Change of scenery? Malaise (good word doggie)? Dude is in his contract year. He's playing for what will be the biggest payday of his career. The payday that will make him set financially for the rest of his life. He's playing in front of a national TV audience. He's performing in front of fans who are going to start clamoring for their teams to sign him.

And how does he do? Some good, some bad.

If he can't get up for this game, how can you expect him to contribute week in and week out?

Coming into that game, I read up on Bentley, coming out of the draft the profile was pretty much, good run blocker who can stuggle in pass protection. That's pretty much what I saw last night.

If there is one thing BP hates, it is inconsistent players. He sticks with Al Johnson because he knows what to expect from AJ.

I've got no problem with a FA center but LeCharles looks like he's not a fit with BP.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He's a good run blocker, but he is mediocre in pass protection. Especially against quicker defensive tackles.