1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Let's talk about Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The Natural, Sep 8, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I like him but not in this scheme.

He's a man corner. Plus I don't think he'll hold up having to tackle so much.

I hope we see Sterling Moore brought back.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,033 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    Could be. He's still never even had a full NFL offseason
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,461 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I'll give Claiborne a pass because he has to be rusty after missing preseason. We'll see how he does going forward.
    links18 likes this.
  4. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,411 Messages
    2,250 Likes Received
    Play9ing in pre-season games makes a difference for a player in his second year. Just like T Williams, people are jumping to conclusions.
    MichaelWinicki and links18 like this.
  5. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,139 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Hasn't he got a hurt knee or something .
  6. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,343 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Good lord. He's a man cover corner who's playing in a new scheme and hasn't set foot on any field in over a month. Please don't tell me you want Scandrick in place. I've had enough of his crap for the past 4 years now.
  7. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,804 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Not necessarily saying I agree but the Cardinals did it with Antrel Rolle. He's much more physical player than Claiborne though.
  8. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    He was never fast enough to be an elite player.
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,213 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    He didnt have a good game. Carr was sharp and Scan was OK. Clay has to step up soon though, the season has started we cant give him a pass if hes going to cost us watching a WR run 70 yards off a slant
  10. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

807 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    This is not true. He played two full seasons at LSU and had a great college career. He was not a project.

In this game i thought the long nicks play was mostly will allens fault, should have been a 10 yard catch turned out to be like 50 cause allen took a bad angle. The miscommunication on the cruz pass i also thought was on allen but id have to watch again. He had a few plays in run support that he got manhandled. There was one play where he did a great job funneling the receiver inside and was aware of the ball and almost made a play on it.

Thats all i noticed. 4-5 plays out of like 60 isnt enough to pass judgement for me.
    Kaiser likes this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

911 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    This was also a game where the Giants had no running game and had to pass, a lot like the games last year when Murray was hurt, Romo would have 350+ yards passing and the team would lose. Claiborne is coming off an injury and was the obvious guy to target, especially when the Giants had to pass every down.
  12. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I didn't love the trade up for that pick then, but I give the front office the benefit of the doubt most of the time. :)

I can't imagine the front office isn't starting to have some doubts at this point.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    he dislocated his shoulder on that tackle. like i said brittle. that was a terrible tackle attempt.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    do we HAVE TO? He was hot GARBAGE TONIGHT....honestly, just a mess out there. The kid is a colossal flop at this point IMHO. I'll tell you another thing, if he doesn't learn to tackle properly he won't be long for this league.
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    you nailed it my man....the kid is SO soft. To add insult to injury, he sees Rat and Spence lounging around for weeks on end....country club atmosphere indeed.
  16. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    was always skeptical on the pick. didn't think much of him in college.

I'll be more surprised if he's a pro-bowl corner than a bust at this point.
  17. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    That or continue to watch him waive at the receivers when they go by him. Really one of the worst top picks I have ever seen. need to try and hide him somewhere maybe evetually the bench.
    Cowboy06 likes this.
  18. Cowboy06

Cowboy06 Active Member

449 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    See Ronnie Lott...and I'm NOT saying he's a Ronnie Lott, but sometimes you just try different things. Either that or we just find someone that can light a fire under the young man's butt. He needs more weight put on his frame and more strength up top. You can't hide him forever. If he's not healthy, sit him and get the next man up. I like this defense, but too many passing yards and not enough sacks.
  19. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,685 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Eli threw for 450 yards. It wasn't all Claiborne.
  20. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Second year cornerback who didn't play all preseason and missed significant practice in a new defensive scheme, covering one of the better receivers in the league is a bust because he didn't look sharp in his first game back? Yeah, we should have traded Dez a couple of years back too because he was a dumb troublemaker that didn't know the playbook or how to run routes.