1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Letterman Trashes Palin 18 yr old daughter & Palin...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sbark, Jun 10, 2009.

1. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ks_TcaOUs&feature=player_embedded

...... C4P has angry statements from both Todd and Sarah laying into Letterman’s “sexually perverted comments

.......wasnt there a long discussion just last month on Michelle Obama "in play"????????

seems to be a one way street as usual..........

.......could one hear the Lib's scream if Dennis Miller made simlar comments on bidens daughter, Lettermans family, Obama family????
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your headline's wrong. He was making rape jokes about Palin's 14-year-old daughter, who accompanied her to the Yankee game. CBS even edited the joke out of their daily transcripts, as if that would work. The NY Times, their partner in crime, did the same thing. Gotta protect an aging, unfunny Palin-hater at all costs.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    That was it?

Seemed like more of a dig at Spitzer than it did anyone. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed.

And the YouTube title is even more disappointing.

"Letterman suggests Palin's daughter is a prostitute"

Or maybe Letterman is saying that Spitzer is a sex-driven pervert and Bristol is an attractive young woman.
  4. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,784 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    .......he did try to talk himself out of the 14 yr old....
    http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/...ughter-having-sex-i-meant-bristol-not-willow/

......If i were Todd Palin .....I'd call the guy out

...........now I'm really offended:eek: ..accused of protecting Letterman on a Palin attack.......I guess I havent been outlandishly conservative enough in my posts.....:D
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Regardless of side, it was tasteless including a 14 year old by name, and I've been a fan of Letterman for over 20 years...
  6. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Did he call her name though.

Even if he did, I don't really see the big deal about it. I guess I don't go out of my way to try and find something offensive. If it is, it is. If its not, move the hell on.

He's doing comedy on a late night show. Who gives a crap what he says?

Maybe my ability to be offended by comedy is zilch at this point. Of course, I've been a long time fan of George Carlin so its gonna take something pretty far out there to get any sort of shock value for me.
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Why is there such venom for her? I've heard more mean spirited ribbings against her and former President Bush these past five months than the incumbent administration, why are they so concerned with living in the past with people not involved in federal politics?

Its become pretty childish, Obama is president and there is a laundry list of things about him deserving of satire and lampooning.
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,383 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    The bit about her being impregnated by A-Rod during the game was just as bad if not worse.

Liberals will let a joke about raping a 14 year old go, but bring up legitimate points about a Supreme Court nominee and you're an evil racist that fosters hate.

This is FAR worse than what Imus was fired over.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He made her the butt of a statutory rape joke. What part of this are you not getting?

So comics should be able to tell racist or sexist jokes with impunity? Where do you draw the line?

Um, the little girl? Her parents? Polite society? One day earlier, Letterman demeaned Palin as a "slutty stewardess." I eagerly await similarly hateful barbs at Michelle Obama's expense, not to mention her 14-yo daughter. When that happens, I'll eat my hat.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    It's obvious that when he's making a joke about someone getting "knocked up", he's referring to the daughter that was actually knocked up. And really, the people who should be upset are A-Rod and Spitzer. The joke is about them.

The joke doesn't make any sense if he's referring to the 14 year old. Are there really people this dense? I guess so.
  11. ChldsPlay

6,383 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    He was joking about the daughter that was with Palin in NY. That was NOT Bristol, so it is not obvious that is who he was referring to. It is clear that the 14 year old is the daughter referenced.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    He even clarified tonight for the intelligence impaired. He was referring to the 18 year old. Jeezus. Trying to find something to be offended over?
  13. ChldsPlay

6,383 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    He was just trying to cover his ***, THAT should be obvious.

I'm not offended. I don't get offended, but I do find it disgusting and think he should be held to the same standards that others are for saying things far less inappropriate.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As if that makes a damn bit of difference. Either kids are off limits or they aren't. The rule seems to be, "don't make jokes about raping a Republican woman's young daughter before she's 18. After that, anything goes." Nor do I remember Leno or Conan publicly mocking Dave for having a child out of wedlock.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's called spin and damage control. If this was so transparent, why did CBS censor the transcripts? You don't wage a one-man was against the GOP in general and Palin in particular and receive the benefit of the doubt.
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    He admitted the joke was in poor taste and the "off limits" stuff I guess is for him and his joke writers to decide. It doesn't matter one bit what I think about the families of public figures and whether they should be fair game or not.

And where the hell is the rape thing coming from? He mentioned keeping Elliot Spitzer away from her and A-Rod "knocking her up". So it was most definitely not a joke about rape. What in the world?
  17. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    What part don't I get? You're acting like I condone the act.

Me saying I don't have a problem with a comedian telling a joke doesn't mean I agree with the act depicted in the joke.

Have you not paid any attention to comedy for about the last 20 years? Sex and race are probably two of the biggest sources of material.

bb, please seek out the joke "The Aristocrats". Tell me what you think about it.
  18. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    I would think he would receive the benefit of the doubt because he's been on the air for decades and has never made a sexual joke about anyone underage?
  19. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    The movie "The Aristocrats" is probably one of the more hilarious movies I've seen in a long time. So absolutely brilliantly offensive. :D
  20. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Bob Sagat's bit was pretty awesome.