1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Le'Veon Bell declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 3, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    College Football ‏@College_FB
    Michigan State Star Le'Veon Bell Will Declare for NFL Draft http://bit.ly/VEKq8r
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite

Have to admit this guy is intriguing.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,897 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    How high would you take him?
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,922 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Depends on what round, but yes, very interesting. At 6'2 245 lbs he can make a cut into a hole just as fast as the little 5'9 guys. He obviously lacks the breakaway speed but that is expected. 4th round for a very good short yardage back seems like a fairly good value to me.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Could provide the 2007 Marion Barber element IMO. Move the chains and red zone.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    He's a beast but I like Monte Ball better.

I don't know how serioius Lattimore's injury is but I might be willing to take a flyer on him in later rounds. If he can come back, he is a Sunday Back deluxe. He would be a great one two punch with Murray.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Lattimore has had a few knee injuries and the most current one was a dislocated knee with several torn ligaments. I would still think about taking him in R4-5 but not much higher.

I think Ball is going to go in round 2 and IMO we shouldn't take a RB that early.
  7. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I wouldn't because he will be gone by rd 2
  8. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Le'Veon Bell will be drafted in the 2nd round, 3rd at the latest. He's too good a back not to. He lacks explosiveness but runs great between the tackles and is great with YAC. Plus, he's surprisingly elusive. I bet he goes in the late 2nd.
  9. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska

I am telling you guys you want a tough kid this is the guy

12/8/12: Burkhead mildly sprained a ligament in his left knee against Southern Mississippi and that caused him to miss three games. He then missed four more games in the second half of the season. As a result, Burkhead never was able to get in a real rhythm this season. He's averaged 7.2 yards per carry over 74 rushes that he turned into 535 yards and four touchdowns.

8/16/12: Burkhead, a power back, was an All-Big Ten selection for his 2011 season. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry with 1,357 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns. Burkhead had a quality sophomore season in 2010 with 951 yards rushing (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Even though he is a downhill North-South power runner, Burkhead has some receiving skills. He has caught 49 passes for 415 yards and three touchdowns in his career.

Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL
  10. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    lets go all in

Eddie Lacy*, RB, Alabama
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

12/8/12: Lacy has totaled 1,182 yards (6.4 average) and 16 touchdowns on only 184 carries. He has been a power runner for Alabama, but has lost carries to standout freshman T.J. Yeldon. Lacy has caught 20 passes for 172 yards and a touchdown, too. He had massive performance against Georgia (20-181) in the SEC Championship.

8/16/12: Lacy is a clone of the recent mold of Alabama running backs. Under head coach Nick Saban, they've been led by ball-carriers who have a combination of size, quickness and power.

Lacy was the backup to star back Trent Richardson as a sophomore last year. However, when Lacy received carries, he made the most of them running for 631 yards on 84 carries with seven touchdowns.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    I never said we should take either Ball or Bell. I said I liked Ball more then Bell. I said I would consider taking Lattimore in the later rounds if he checked out medically.
  12. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,811 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Gotta go against ya here pops. I think Bell is head and shoulders above ball. I 100% agree with you on Lattimore though. I'd take a flyer on him in a heart beat. Jonathan Franklin is a guy that might make a lot of sense for us as well.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Hey Son, how have you been? I suspect as much but I think we will see what shakes out once the underwear olympics are done.

:)
  14. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He need a good O-line to be effective i think, he cant make explosive plays by himself.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    I think he's a perfect back for a team like Pittsburgh.
  16. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think your right, they would love to have another bus type player
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    like him okay and we absolutely have to have another starting caliber RB but.....
    I'm concerned Bell isn't quick enough to hit the hole in the NFL.
    However I do like the fact he's big, has a history of shouldering the load and moving the chains. I would be okay with him in round 3 or 4 but not before. RB's usually slide anyway and his 40 time may make him slide.
  18. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......I saw Bell play EVERY game of his collegiate career including 8 in person and I can tell you he led all RB's in college football regarding yards after contact this season, because the Spartan oline he ran behind was brutal , mostly due to injuries. He took a tremendous licking but kept on ticking: VERY durable as proven by the fact he didn't miss a game in 3 seasons.The most intriguing aspect of his game is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield: EXCELLENT hands....believe it or not, they even put him in the slot and out wide at times: there was NO safety or CB in that could cover him in those formations as he was too big for the corners and too fast for the safeties.

In the NFL, he can be utilized as an Hback or Tight End for serious mismatch advantages. He's a solid 3rd rounder due to lack of top end speed...runs roughly a 4.57ish 40....Steelers, Lions, Cowboys,Rams, Eagles, GIANTS and SKINS will all be very intrigued.He would make a WONDERFUL compliment to Murray IMO. He is physical and a great kid that wasn't in a whiff of trouble at MSU.

....As much as I'd like to tell 'intelmax' he's crazy about needing an effective oline I simply can't. Sure, he overpowered college foes but that was COLLEGE after all. I do indeed think he'd benefit from a good line, because he's a diesel boys. He's VERY comparable to MB3 and Mendenhall without the drama queen streaks. I'd be elated if we got him in the 4th....3rd too high with all our needs quite frankly.
  19. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    was just about to post this, perfect back for Pitt.
  20. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....you should see this kid run guys...he's something else in the slop: as Cosmo once said on Seinfeld: "His mother was a mudder" ....perfect for Heinz field but also a helluva compliment to Johnson in Tenn. or Murray in Dallas IMO.