1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Like a whole bunch of one-legged men at an...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by DallasCowpoke, Jun 4, 2013.

1. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,405 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    ...welllll, you just KNEW it was bound to happen!

[youtube]rsdjOd38bTc[/youtube]

An amputee brawl broke out last Saturday during a charity soccer match in the town of Westerlo in the Belgian province of Antwerp. It was the first football match in history between two teams representing disabled players from Netherlands and Belgium. Both teams had players with only one leg so the amputees had to use crutches or synthetic legs in order to kick the ball, The Inquistr reported on June 4.

The amputee brawl started after two players collided with each other because one player allegedly tripped an opponent off the ball.

Supporters of both teams who were watching the game from outside also joined in on the brawl and there were several people that ended up injured.

Although most of the athletes played on crutches, except for the goalies, this didn't stop the enraged players and fans from engaging in an all-out brawl in what was supposed to be a goodwill game. The amputee brawl shows that just because the players were disabled, they are really no different from all other soccer players.
  2. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Tripping.

Well, with video evidence, the guilty party doesn't have a leg to stand on (pun intended) to defend himself.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,258 Likes Received
    When asked which player started it, I bet everybody was stumped.
  4. DallasCowpoke

5,405 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Can you imagine how hard it must be to call "flopping" in that match?
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,258 Likes Received
    You know, I can't resist bad puns, but can I say, for the record, how cool it is that these guys do this. Not the brawl, obviously, but people not letting physical setbacks get in their way and just going on to compete and live their lives the way they probably were in the first place.
  6. DallasCowpoke

5,405 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    No doubt.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    After the initial blows took place, the rest of them sure hopped in there in a hurry...
  8. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I got a pretty good chuckle at how fast orange #10 was on his crutches at the 17 sec. mark.
  9. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    ok I lol'd.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,326 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    I think he was the mascot?

:confused: