1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Likely Eagles move - IMO FWIF which ain't much

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tobal, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,981 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I think the Eagles will try to go up and get one of the following players.

Cox is the type of guy they've been looking for, Kuechly I think any good team would want him so if he slipped a little they'd go for it. Decastro we've seen Philly jump up for linemen multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted Barron, but that doesn't seem like a Philly move to me unless he falls to them.

The Eagles seem to be willing to move up more than most teams, but he people keep trading them 2nd round picks for crappy backup QB's.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Rumors going around they are interested in the Browns pick at 4. Honestly, outside of Claiborne which they have millions tied into CB's right now I'm not sure who they would want that high.

I keep hearing Tannehill and I would find that hilarious.
  3. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,807 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Funny you say that as I heard the same thing. I didn't mention it in another thread simply because it seemed unfathomable.
  4. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I agree i think they will move up and if i was a betting man it would be for Cox. He's a great fit for them . The acquisition of demeco ryans most likely puts him ahead of early mock favorite kuechly IMO.
  5. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,981 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Yea I saw that, but I just can't believe they'd do that, so I sort of filed it as pretty wild speculation even though there is apparently quite a bit of smoke to it.
  6. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I've seen that reported as well and don't get that one. You mentioned Claiborne which again doesn't make any sense, Kalil will likely be off the board, Richardson's out because they have McCoy, and the only other player I could see them targeting up there would be Blackmon who in my opinion doesn't warrant the price they'd pay given the receivers they already have.

I'm going to have to file this one in the smokescreen category.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,976 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    well they do need a LT. Peters is gone for the year and who knows if he will ever be what he was; and he was up and down anyway.
  8. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Well they did just sign Demetress Bell to a decent contract but if Kalil is still on the board at 4 that is probably the only Philly to 4 scenario that really makes some sense.
  9. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    With their 1st rd success rate, I think if I were them I would trade out for extra picks, they do better in the laters rds