1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Lions looking for WR, Austin speculation, mike fisher will ask

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I am. He will always have these little nagging hammy injuries. That happens when there is no contact. It's just who he is. He gave us a few good seasons but he can't be counted on for any length of time. I believe someone put the over under on how long it took him to get injured at 4 games. They were 1.5 games off. Got hurt halfway into the 3rd game.

Why would you continue to hold out hope for him after this has been going on for awhile now?
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I can't believe the crap people say about Austin.

I can't imagine him going anywhere this year or anytime soon and I hope that's the case.
    CowboyMike, EMMITTnROY and Vintage like this.
  3. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,813 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Jerry sells low and buys high, so I don't see this happening.
  4. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

508 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Hey, The Cowboys will give a first and third round and extend him for 54 million! Oh wait....
  5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,115 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Josh Gordon makes much more sense. Unfortunately. Lions are adding to a strength, imagine that.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,115 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Why not Austin, Rat and a future pick based on production in 2013 (sacks, pro bowl, suspensions, etc.)?
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,316 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    If we got a 3rd for Austin I'd do back flips, and that would be a spectacle.
  8. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    maybe Nick Farley? the other DT
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    This thread is about Austin, not Dez. :D
  10. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,473 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Um, yes please.
  11. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    his production would be excellent in the Lions pass happy offense, we both know that.... and they would get him down the feild
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    It just makes no sense at all.

Thinking we will land Suh is just laughable BTW.

Also... I hate to lose Austin because it takes receivers FOREVER to get comfortable in this offense.
  13. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    you think the Lions would consider or is he too young, they actually have a third DT that's good some maybe they would consider it
  14. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,473 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I have no idea if they'd consider it, but I'd trade Austin and a pick for Fairley.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  15. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Active Member

561 Messages
    227 Likes Received

I hear ya. His time is running out, we just can't have it, and you may well be right. But we have given up early on other wrs before and they went on to have pro bowl careers......it's a tough tough call........im willing to see what he does the rest of the season.......he has talent. He is a good football player. Just cant stay healthy.......
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,683 Messages
    3,178 Likes Received
    Given his track record I'm surprised anyone would say that.
  17. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    me too one of those 7th we added.... then i'd even consider calling the browns and offer them a third for Gordon, i'm not saying i'd do it 100% but i'd definitely be in the room with my pro scouting department and seeing if this would make sense... Twill is still young and raw and it will probably take him a good 2 years to be a good #2 and I feel this team can win now so that is an important position.... just food for though
  18. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,379 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    austin in not going to be traded. look at the signing bonus he just got. aint happening, we don't have enough cap space to eat the dead money.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,755 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    No way I'm doing that if I'm the Lions
  20. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,544 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Okay so lets say we trade Miles. What if Dez's back keeps flaring up... now we have a Rookie on the outside, with Harris who isn't nearly as effective on the outside as he is in the slot with Beasley in the slot... not sure if im liking that at all...