1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Lions looking for WR, Austin speculation, mike fisher will ask

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    The bar better be set higher than that.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,485 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Go get Gordon:mad:
  3. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Active Member

683 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    If Jerry could trade for Gordon and trade Miles away you better believe he will. All signs point to Miles being a cap cut at the end of the season and if Dallas could cover themselves now by sending say a 3rd and a 5th for Gordon and getting a 4th or a 5th back for Miles. Don't forget Gordon is 22 years old, can stretch the field as good as any WR in the NFL and is under contract through 2015.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    The cap hit for cutting Miles is going to be big IIRC. It was a bad contract based on one years production to begin with and the restructuring has made it worse.
  5. waving monkey

waving monkey Active Member

651 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    If Austin would rewrite his contract where all the money fall on the Lions and we were free of Austin contract.
    I'd take that deal.Of course I don't know the implications of this suggestion, just
    saying.
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,147 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I agree. There is absolutely no shot we see anything involving a move of Austin in a trade.

lol. Yeah they'd be helping themselves out a lot with that move for sure. Their offense is already dang good and that would just make it scary good, IMO.
  7. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,266 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    he can't do that. you can't redo a contract a couple months after you did it. austin was just paid a 5.89 million bonus. he is not tradable.
  8. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Me too. I know a lot of people love the guy on here, and thats fine. I just can't stand a WR that will make a very difficult catch and then he will drop the next two easy ones. Drives me nuts. The two guys (prominent guys) I have had enough of in a Cowboys uniform is Austin and Ratliff.
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,644 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    What's up with this Josh Gordon love fest? Is it based on what he did at Baylor? It can't be based on what he's done in the NFL because he hasn't done much. Sure he hasn't had a qb and has shown flashes but guys in here talk like he's the second coming of Jerry Rice.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,383 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    I'd take a half eaten moon pie for Austin right now.
  11. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

7,989 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    Not true. Look at the Tebow trade.
  12. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,040 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    He had a pretty good rookie season, then the monster first game after the suspension. That's all it takes on this board. Out with the old in with new.

I think he will be a decent player but no guarantees and he has off field issues.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    These are the two that I want gone as well. Both are big salary cap hits that provide limited production did to injuries. Both were bad contract signings.
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,644 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Yea see that's my perception of him. I was just wondering was it something in the preseason or what....he hasn't done anything to warrant trading for him. Terrance Williams is a very comparable rookie prospect. Gordon may end up better but I guess its what have you done for me lately....
  15. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

6,976 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    You missed lunch right?