1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lions' minicamp ends with a brawl

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 25, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,323 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2010 12:51 PM ET

A month ago, a fight broke out at the Lions' organized team activities, and coach Jim Schwartz joked about it, saying, "I think they all know in OTAs that I can't fine anybody. So they didn't miss their opportunity to get a free one in."

But today a fight broke out at the Lions' mandatory minicamp -- not an OTA -- and Schwartz says fines will be forthcoming.

"That is not acceptable what happened," Schwartz said afterward, per the Detroit News. "We weren't able to finish a period. It's going to get hot and you're going to get to the end of practice and you are going to have things that come up, but when you can't finish practice and when you have guys entering fights that aren't involved in it, it's unacceptable and they are going to get taxed pretty heavy."

The Lions are done with OTAs, and today was the final day of minicamp, so the Lions won't be together as a team again until training camp. Schwartz doesn't like the way things ended, with what has been described as an all-out brawl between the offense and the defense.

"That was too intense," Schwartz said. "We had that situation come up before on OTAs and we sort of laughed that we can't fine the players, but guess what, there are going to be a lot of fines from today."
  2. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    does anybody else see this as good for them? at least there is some sort of fire there.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,947 Messages
    222 Likes Received

Yeah sometimes a good fight rallies the troops..
  4. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    yeah plus it was at the end of practice so they were already done learning. i bet suh had something to do with it, that guy is going to bring a fire to that D i just know it
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    Detroit's going to sneak up on some people. I don't think they'll win a lot of games, but they're going to throw some scares into some good teams. I like the moves they've made the last two offseasons.
  6. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't care what they do as long as they end their next 45 game losing streak against the Redskins. :lmao:
  7. rkell87

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i do too. i think they can beat the rams, bucs, broncos, browns, and bears once and bills once. that gives them 6 winnable games with 8 chances. plus the get pitt without big ben so there is a chance on week one and miami or minny might lay down on them in week 16 and 17 so i think they have a realistic shot at a 5-11 record with a long shot chance at 7-9
  8. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    143 Likes Received

Yup, sometimes this is needed.