1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lions sign DL Israel Idonije

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Idgit, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,536 Messages
    5,265 Likes Received
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,603 Messages
    3,338 Likes Received
    Don't know a thing about him. Should I start to rue or can I save it for later.
  3. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,285 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    A lot of people on this board wanted us to sign him. He's a serviceable journeyman at best, but would of provided solid depth here though.
  4. Idgit

29,536 Messages
    5,265 Likes Received
    Go ahead and rue, just to be safe.

Yeah, he's older, too. But having direct experience in Rod's defense, and him being willing to sign a one-year deal, you'd have to think we'd have brought him in if we didn't already like the guys we have, better. Same with Okoye, who's younger, and still out there.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Kiffin/Marinelli really are impressed with this DL group. There's no reason not to bring in youngish guys with direct experience in the system when they're available and we've got (or had, until we signed Hargrove/Long) open slots in the lineup.
  5. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,486 Messages
    998 Likes Received
    With Wilber moving to DE, our 2-deep is pretty set.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    That's not rue it's stew.
  7. Idgit

29,536 Messages
    5,265 Likes Received
    My bad, I thought he he said 'roux.'
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,504 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    To, this makes sense. Idonije signs a 1 year deal and is an FA next year. We are basically done with Spencer after this year. If we believe the reports coming out of Valley Ranch, we are not going to reach to sign Spencer at 8 Mil per. He's going to get his 10 and then hit the free market but because he's already signed his offer, we are obligated to pay him unless, we do a trade.

It's possible that we could be talking to teams who might have interest in Spencer or we might be positioning ourselves for next year. Idonije will be there if he is also interested in us. We can only hope.