1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Livings - comments from Bengals board

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wimbo, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "Posted by xxxxxxxxxxx
    Are you kidding me 5 yrs 19 mil with 6.2 guaranteed
    AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Thank you!!!"

"Looks like the league respects our talents much more than what we do (fans and the Organization)."

"Well... There's a reason not to overspend in Free Agency right there"

"Finally some good news. Now we know that the 'Boys won't be able to run left when we meet this year."

"Maybe the'll pass on DeCastro!"

"Well than, livings did something good for us lol"

"Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxx
    Nah, remember how much the Eagles paid Stacey Andrews?
    Stacey wasn't nearly as bad as Livings..."

"I was just gonna say, let's see how he grades out this year now that he's playing for an owner that actually gives a crap about wins and losses.
    Anyway, that's a crazy contract for a player that was one of the worst starting interior linemen in the NFL last season. I'm just glad we can't re-sign him."

"Who is watching the tape over there in Dallas? Anyone?"

"Livings isn't that bad of a pass blocker as some make him out to be, which is why they signed him, for Romo who got beat up last year. Sure he had a few bad plays pass blocking, but Whitworth also had some too in that category as do most lineman out there. And since they have some good running backs, his run blocking inability won't be as noticed as much as it was here."

" First of our the Cowboys "Snatched" the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen in a Bengals uniform for WAY more than he's worth. Furthermore this could possibly make the Boys think their line is solidified meaning they won't take DeCastro with their pick so in a sense we pretty much traded Livings for DeCastro if we end up getting him."

"Maybe that was part of the cap punishment from the NFL."

"On a somewhat serious note, this will be an interesting test case for our coaching. As far as I could tell, Livings' problem here when he got beat was that he seemed to get the assignment wrong and be confused. It wasn't so much a problem of him being beaten physically or overpowered by opponents. So, physically he has enough talent IMO and there's no reason he couldn't be a successful guard if he got better at the mental part of the game. If the Cowboys manage to help him get that right when we couldn't it'll reflect poorly on our coaching."

"Livings was above average to good in pass protection. Remember, Evan Mathis didn't play here and graded out as the best Guard in football last season. There is a chance that Livings goes to Dallas and gets in a scheme that he can thrive in. Mathis said that the Eagles coach has him being aggressive instead of passive and that helped him. Livings might be the same way."

"Thank god he is gone!. He was by far our worse offensive lineman"

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=96268&page=2
  2. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    "Maybe that was part of the cap punishment from the NFL." :lmao2:

I must add though that your selection of comments seems selective to bolster your point of view.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Sounds promising. It will be a competition to see who the worst Cowboy lineman is.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I lol'd :laugh2:
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,756 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    No offense but I don't put a whole lot of stock into the opinions of fans on players that left their team. You need look no further than the fans at this site to see how a player can be absolutely trashed the moment he's not long a Cowboy.

I admit I don't know much about this guy, so I won't claim that I do, but I'd like to see what the guy does during training camp and preseason before I start pissing and moaning about it.
  6. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,499 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    They are right,we are not touching Decastro now.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,990 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Very few tears shed over there.:laugh2:
  8. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    You have to take this with a grain of salt. Schemes could be entirely different and he may excel here.

I believe CIN has more a man blocking scheme whereas we are trying to employ a zone, hybrid man type scheme. I would pay attention to measurables because zone blockers need to be more athletic and faster.

The other thing could also be an insurance policy for Kosier.
  9. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,310 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Yeah let's put a lot of stock into what their fans say about a player they just lost.

Whether it is a good or bad signing is unknown right now, but put your stock into their fans. Bravo.
  10. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,185 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    dam.

Someone at Valley Ranch should let Livings read that....

Motivation
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,756 Messages
    672 Likes Received

How are you so certain on this?
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,310 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    People love to pass their opinion off as fact around here, that's why.
  13. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,600 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    What are you talking about? Getting the Bangles worst lineman has nothing to do with our draft.
  14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,135 Messages
    4,407 Likes Received
    Comments beneath the PFT article:

Not a one was positive.

I guess all those fans just have no idea what they are talking about.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,718 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    A lot of them are hoping we'll pass on DeCastro so they can grab him later. If I didn't know better, I'd be convinced this team isn't interested in changing a thing about how the team has been run and built for the past decade.

It would be such a simple change to commit to building this team from the inside out, but we still insist on doing it the other way around.
  16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    My concern would be that they above any other team's fans would know a lot about what a poor player looks like. I am hoping for the best, I really am, but I am currently not a fan of this signing.
  17. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,499 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    we brought in 2 guards in FA.They wont cut Costa,Arkin and Nagy.Kosier is probably going back to his old position.I really think they are looking at defense in the first,this FA has made it pretty obvious.
  18. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    nope. read the link. I put all the posts that I understood. A couple of them are not so bad. Also, I never stated my point of view.
  19. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,600 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    The guys we brought in are backups...
  20. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,336 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Yeah, sounds like our comments about Bennett