1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LOL you can't make this stuff up FBI denies background check on Palin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    LINK

The Federal Bureau of Investigation did not participate in the vetting of Gov. Sarah Palin and did not conduct a background check as part of the process, an FBI spokesman said today.

The Washington Post reported Sunday, citing an interview with campaign manager Rick Davis, that the vetting process "included reviews of financial and other personal data, an FBI background check and considerable discussion among the handful of McCain advisers nvolved in the deliberations.

"In general, we do not do vetting for political campaigns except as it might regard investigations needed for security clearances," said John Miller, the chief FBI spokesperson.

The FBI did not participate in a vet, nor did it run a background check of Gov. Palin as part of the process.

Palin might already have a clearance that relates to her duties as governor. But the FBI can't speak to that, and in any event, those investigations wouldn't be accessible to the McCain campaign anyway.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    i guess i don't get it. are we to be upset the fbi didn't go through her entire life minute by minute?
  3. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    Not hard to grasp here.

The McCain spokesman said that part of the vetting process for Palin was a FBI background check. The FBI comes out later and says...we did not do a back ground check.

In other words...it would appear that Rick, for McCain, was lying.

It also seems to further go along with the idea that McCain wanted Joe or Tom and got pushed into taking Palin instead and they did it with a quick process instead of really looking into everything.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's a rib splitter.

;)
  5. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received

She is not applying to be a door greeter at Wal-Mart...this is the second most powerful position in the WORLD. Dont you think it might be an important consideration? To maybe do a thorough investigation on a person prior to them assuming a position? Its not like they are gonna tell her to hit the road after the vote.
    WOW...oh my god...great foresight...Republican?
  6. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Why would the FBI need to check her out?

:rolleyes:

Good Lord.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Isn't it funny that someone like YeahYeah who hates the FBI suddenly wants them to check out Palin?
  8. iceberg

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    "In general, we do not do vetting for political campaigns except as it might regard investigations needed for security clearances," said John Miller, the chief FBI spokesperson.

let me repeat...

so they don't seem to check out anyone unless there is a need. are you just as mad the "other side" isn't getting checked out to this degree or is this type of security only needed FOR the OTHER side?

geez some people are such lemmings. not you concord - but people like the mouth of idiocy yeahyeah who just rails to rail and puts no thought behind it. just whatever emotion of the minute has control of his mouth.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    Can you explain why someone from McCain's Campaign lied about the FBI background check?
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    She's running for the Frickin second highest office in the land...If there isn't a need for the FBI to check her out, then why do it at all on any campaign.
  11. iceberg

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    no. i can't. just found out about it and yes, *this* is the issue, not that it wasn't done as some are crying about. from what the fbi said in that article they don't normally do that.

yet they should have for palin now cause it's crap to throw.

the real problem is the lie about yes, i do have an interest in that because it doesn't seem to be random mud, but a valid point to consider.
  12. iceberg

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    RIF - reading is fun.

comprehension optional.

concord - the FBI is saying they don't do it. go ***** at them if you must ***** but stop whining that it wasn't done for palin. it wasn't done for biden it would seem because the FBI said:

the problem is the lie where mccains camp said they did, not that the FBI didn't cause from what they say:

are we clear yet? maybe they did it for biden, maybe not. but in genera... WE DO NOT DO VETTING....

let me know when that sinks in and let's back up from the mud-truck for a bit shall we?
  13. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ultimitly, that will be the big issue.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    One thing I think you might be missing with the FBI spokesman's quote...

Call me crazy, I am sure many have and will, but I would think that the VP of the USA would need to have security clearances.:D
  15. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    No it isn't. It hasn't suddenly become more powerful since she was nominated.
  16. iceberg

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    i wouldn't disagree. but that's to fix *now* if we feel it's an issue and yes, i'm a bit surprised they don't do a clearance on a VP candidate, dem, repub, indie, or whatever. but if they say they don't normally do it, i won't get surprised when they don't.

like some are in here.

if we need to do it going forward i'm all for that.

2 different issues i'm not going to mix for my own feel good measures. but yes, i caught teh security clearance also and just wonder what that means.

many others are assuming for their own benefit and not taking the time to find out first.

"react, not think". far too common.
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm past this...I'm onto the why the campaign lied about it now. :D
  18. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    I am confused by what you mean here.

Are you saying nobody has done checks on Biden?

One thing that did not make much news about Hillary and the Obama ticket was that she refused to submit all of the documents for her vetting to the Obama camp.

So it does not seem to be just about Palin here...unless I am completely missing your point.
  19. iceberg

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    well at least you made it to an actual problem vs making one up.
  20. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I'm disagreeing that VP of the US is the 2nd most powerful position on the planet. Which was a point he was making just a week or so ago. Now suddenly it is? Why? Because she got the GOP nod? I don't agree. For the most part the VP is a figurehead, not powerful.