1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Lombardis Friday mock - pass rusher frenzy

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tobal, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    The idea that Barron is going to be gone before our pick, an idea that has gained momentum, is making my stomach turn. If we picked Brockers over Ingram there, I'd go full hurl.
  3. fffiasco

fffiasco Active Member

768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    not interested in brockers but trust garrett and the scouts after the last two drafts
  4. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I agree, as I watched it I was thinking, damn there went Cox as ex[ected. damn Barron at 10. Arg Decastro at 13..... until he said Ingram then I thought ok there would be a guy I'd want if it played out that way
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I see he picked up on Barron to Buffalo quickly
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    Garrett wasn't the head coach for the 2010 Draft.
  7. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,336 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    I'm starting to see more mocks having Ingram available at #14. Must. not. get. hopes up.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Even if he is and he seems to be slipping I don't even think he is on the radar.
  9. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    If he's not, then call up the cheater and convince him to make an offer. I think they'd be thrilled to get him.
  10. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    We should be interested IMO.

Have you heard we aren't interested in him at all?
  11. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I think I would be upset if we passed on Ingram and Coples to take Brockers. I really like Brockers, he's a good guy and a good player but he doesn't have the best pass rushing ability which is what we need.
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think Coples is higher on the list and would be the pick over Ingram if they chose one. You could really see Ingram fall on draft day, there are a lot of teams worried about how he fits into their scheme.
  13. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    So we were 6th in the league against the run last year and we are going to use the 14th pick on a player that is primarily a run stuffer?

Wow, if we do something as ******** as this........someting is getting broken.

:laugh2:
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yup I believe you have the right of it Brockers, Coples before Ingram
  16. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Brockers is worth #14 then Bowen is worth 100m contract.

Bowen looks like Seymour compared to Brockers.

He will have a very Spears like career.....

Period, end of story.
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well if we pick Brockers over both Coples and Ingram I'm going to punch my TV.

Course, last time I said that we drafted Felix anyway......so that might be a bad omen.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Ugh. If it falls this way, reach on Mercilus.
  19. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

491 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If you have seen my other post you would know that my pick is DeCastro at 14th. If we can not trade up to get him then the talent in the draft drops off. In my opinion he is the third best draft choise in the draft behind the two quarter backs. If not him then center then nose tackle. These are the three positions that have immediate impact on the team start day one of the season. With that I like the mock draft below:

By Peter Schrager

For the sake of this mock draft, though, we’re playing it straight. Here’s our first three-round mock, based on the teams that currently own these selections:
    1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    2. Washington Redskins: (via trade with St. Louis): Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    6. St. Louis Rams: (via trade with Washington) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    8. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    9. Carolina Panthers: Fletcher Cox, DT/DE, Mississippi State
    10. Buffalo Bills: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    11. Kansas City Chiefs: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis Defensive tackle is an area of need and the Chiefs defense got bullied a bit at the line of scrimmage a season ago. I’m not a huge Poe fan. I’ve watched his tape and have yet to be blown away by what I’ve seen. He was outplayed by smaller opponents at Memphis. That said, he’s a physical freak of nature and a combine stud. If Pioli and Co. think Romeo Crennel can get production out of him, there’s no reason he can’t be the next great 3-4 nose tackle.
    12. Seattle Seahawks: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
    13. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    14. Dallas Cowboys: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    The Brandon Carr signing makes for a tremendous upgrade at cornerback in Dallas, but there are some who’ll be clamoring for the Alabama safety, Mark Barron, if he’s still on the board here. Quinton Coples will get some love from the Cowboys fans, too. But I think the Cowboys front office (er, Jerry Jones) would be very pleased (and surprised) to see DeCastro still on the board. Guards got big money in free agency this year. Taking one with the 14th pick in the draft isn’t considered too high anymore.
    15. Philadelphia Eagles: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I seriously hope Cowboys have some trade down offers already in place if the draft breaks down like that. A 2 gap 3-4 DE who can't sniff the QB would be a disaster with a Top 15 pick when you already have a roster full of front 7 guys who "do everything well but rush the passer".