1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Look for Gruden in 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,385 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I am not optimistic that this change in defense will work in 1 year. I expect another non-playoff year that costs Garrett his job and in comes Gruden. Just my opinion
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,204 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    that's the only thing that keeps me from sobbing outright. We will be at the point where we were pre Parcells, jerry will need somebody with cred and he'll keep his nose out of things for a year or 2.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Gruden and Kiffin had a falling out in Tampa, so if Gruden comes we start over on defense.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,387 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    I have a friend who works for the Buccaneers. He said that at the Bucs Super Bowl reunion party Chucky and Kif avoided each other all night and barely shook hands.

I had heard they buried the hatchet. His report makes me think they left the handle sticking out. I trust his inside news on TB.

No way. Yesterday I said Gruden would be my bet. So I'm eating my words.

Garrett for 10 more years! Monte insures it.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,259 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Hope so Hos!
  6. noletime95

noletime95 Well-Known Member

1,080 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I can confirm this, likely through a different source in Tampa. Kiffin had to be convinced to even show up for that party due to the tension between those two.
  7. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who would want 10 MORE years of mediocre football?
  8. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received

Once again, I would rather have the organization use their resources and uncover the next gem of an NFL mind...and let him put together a staff of his choice. Enough with the good ole boys network.

With that said, I think you are sadly mistaken if you think that a mediocre 2013 season means Garrett is gone. This change in the def. coord position was done partially to buy JG more time. At the end of the 2013 season, when Dallas is 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 and barely misses the playoffs...you will hear ole Jerry say....

I like our progress...I like what we're doin'. We're close...We're real close, I do know that...we're gittin real close.
    [then he gives that used-car-salesman *WINK*]
  9. Hostile

118,387 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    I don't care what a Redskins fan thinks.

There's an echo in here.
  10. Mookie

Mookie Active Member

248 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    In 10 years Monte will not be coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Hopefully he won't be dead, but statistically he doesn't have a big chance.

Gruden in Dallas would be great, but I would have done it already, but if we bring in a guy like Norv, I like our chances very much.
  11. Hostile

118,387 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    I know Monte won't. I didn't say Monte.
  12. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    conspiracy theroists are abound.

I think this move may spell the end of garrett. why? because our defense doesn't have the personnel to run a 4-3 and it will take two years to implement. so expect the defense to be average for another year. which means JG is out of time and in comes another coach, anothre system and 2 more years.

so gruden having worked with kiffin!!! is Jerry being preemptive, expecting JG to fail next year so lets get kiffin here and minimize the turnover in coaching?
  13. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,799 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    If not Gruden, then Dungy may be here.
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,320 Messages
    354 Likes Received

What about this year, as OC?
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    I say Gruden in 2013! Why wait?
  16. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Gruden wouldn't do it and Garrett wouldn't have it.

Talk about making him a lame duck coach.

If Jon was going to be the Cowboys' head coach, it would've happened by now. Garrett would've been fired.
  17. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,150 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I really don't understand the Gruden love. He was a hot young coach that flamed out like Ron Rivera did this year. Remember when everyone wanted him?
  18. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think this Kiffin hire guarantees Garrett for at least 2 more seasons unless the team just completely quits on him...and they wont.......or the defense just absolutely dominate and everything else just crumbles.........
    I personally think they will bring in an OC and then garrett will be who he is, the leader and organizer...I think he survives even if they have another losing season
    I think we have a long time of Garrett.....and thats a good thing
  19. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,119 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    No I don't.
  20. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    And Gruden takes the team to the Super Bowl with Garrett's team. Deju Vu