1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

looking at the election map got me thinking... red state-blue state

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by cowboys#1, Oct 17, 2008.

1. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    why do all the rich states (northern east coast-west coast) vote democrat?
    and all the mid western and southern states vote republican. im not saying that they are all rich or poor but looking at the map got me thinking. you would think cali and new york wouldnt vote democrat since they would tax the rich more. also the map looks like a battle of the north and the south. northern blue southern red.
    can anybody explain??

[IMG]
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,926 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    It seems like the higher the population in a given area is, the more likely they are to vote Democrat. Major cities almost always lean left. The more spread out people are, the more they lean right. So, my guess is that the states with a higher percentage of their state population being in major cities would be blue states and those with a higher percentage of their state population being outside of major cities, would be red states.
  3. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Correct... If you look at the county map of the 2004 election you see how big cities always go for Dems, more rural areas go Repub.

[IMG]
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Many of those Southern states are pretty wealthy as well... especially Texas...

It's more of an issue of culture rather than wealth I think...
  5. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup... I believe it has a lot to do with small-town morals as opposed to big-cities lack of morals.

Just my opinion, not stating a fact by any means.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,836 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    You can go ahead and paint Florida blue because there is no way in hell that McCain is winning Florida.

Not only did Gov. Crist blow off McCain and go to freaking Disney World, I heard on TV that he said that the ACORN allegations of voter fraud in Florida was basically crap.

Just threw McCain under the Straight Talk Express for the second time.

Tommorow he is probably going to say, "Who is this John McCain you speak of"????

For this Governor to have been on the short list and totally go "Turncoat" on his arse means that the internal polling must be freaking brutal for McCain right now and the Governor wants no part of "going down with the ship".