1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

looking with my ears

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by lostinomiya, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lostinomiya

lostinomiya Member

534 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hello,

I live in Japan and don't have access to watching cowboys' games so I have just listened to them over the internet and read reactions.

From that it seemed to me that the weaknesses on the team were that:

1. Bledsoe was getting sacked alot or Romo had to scramble alot because of a weak offensive line.

2. We had a weak pass rush. OK, it was better when Ellis was upright but even then the defense didn't seem to be as scary as the 3/4 switch and cart full of #1 defensive picks had promised.

So, am I off the mark?

Anyway, the OL has been addressed to some degree but it seems to me that we want depth at OL and we want something to make our D scary.
    Do we already have that in Davis and getting WP as coach?
    Can we draft a pass rusher or OL guy that will make a difference? Should we? The sexy picks recently are WR or CB and I believe there is alot of value there so it is reasonable. A pass rusher (and NT for that matter) in the third or fourth - is that good enough, shouldn't we looking at first or second round?

Bottom line is I just hope we have a solid OL and scary pass rush next season but question is do we have them already or can we get them in the draft?

cheers from Japan (via Scotland) :eek::