1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like Jim Harbaugh has the 49ers believing in themselves

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Oct 9, 2011.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    with Alex Smith at QB, even has him playing well. They arent overly talented but he is getting the most out of them. Suprise team so far and I am glad Dallas already played them.
  2. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I know and I may have to eat crow and owe some money. I know it is still early but a bet one 49ers fan that the Cowboys would have a better record and another fan that the 49ers will not make the playoffs. I did this in the beginning of the season.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,498 Messages
    6,228 Likes Received
    They were good when Dallas played them, too. We were just better.
    They've got a good coach, a very good defense and a pretty good line and running game. Harbaugh is going to do wonders giving support and stability to a QB who never got a fair shake to start with.

What looked to me like an 8-8 team is looking like a playoff contender more and more every week. Give them some more offensive weapons in the passing game, and they're going to be good for a long time.
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Their defense is legit. Vic Fangio was a good pickup for them...they can absolutely shutdown the run.
  5. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike Singletary where art thou?

looks like SF found a real head coach
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are still bums... Dallas would beat them 3 out of the 4 times. The Bucs are overrated in my opinion.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,341 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    I felt that if they could get solid play out of Alex that they'd be a playoff team before the season, simply because I felt that their defense would be solid enough to keep them in games.

Given the extremely weak division they're in I felt that they had a really good shot of making the playoffs as division winners.
  8. redfog

redfog New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, the real bums were they ones who choked up a 24 points lead against the Detroit Lions. Pathetic. Dallas barely beat a 49ers team without Crabtree and Braylon Edwards. Get off your high horse already.
  9. SSWilliams31

SSWilliams31 Member

56 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    We beat them with a reality show winner and a QB with broken ribs...FACE
  10. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Craptree is horrible. Edwards is garbage. If they would have had the nuts to play it wouldn't have made a difference. High horses is all we have in Texas *****
  11. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    wonder if they'll cover a receiver running down the field the next time they go to overtime?
  12. redfog

redfog New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    *cough* *cough* *cough*

wonder when Romo will stop giving away games like he's a charity
  13. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,889 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Not being stupid goes a long way in the NFL, they're playing smart football and not beating them selves