1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like McCain wins Florida

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,786 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    I am so glad that Romney did not win.

Just something about that man that really really bothers me. He just screams John Kerry type. I wonder if either have investments in a flip flop company.:D
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,741 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Ironically, I've quietly felt the same thing about him.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    i don't know romney but i get a SIG HEIL feeling when i hear his name.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like I'm going to have to hold my nose when I go and vote next November if McCain win the nomination. I'm not real thrilled with any of the candidates but next Tuesday, I will be voting for Romney in hopes that McCain doesn't get it. Either way, I would vote for a dogs hind leg for President before I would vote for Shrillary.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    i have no problem not voting for either.
  6. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't imagine voting for McCain.

No way I'm voting for Hillary or Obama.

Guess I'll have to write in Cajun! :D

BTW looks like Rudy's endorsing McCain tomorrow.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I still say a Cajun/ DW ticket is the way to go.

And yes, I figured he would endorse McCain, their ideology is pretty similar.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,136 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Kerry flop flopped but nothing like Romney who had primary year switches on virtually every social issue.

McCain is the best of a bad bunch. I do give him that. But the CNN shot shows just how weathered and old he looks in the face. This guy is going to really need to stay on top of the age image in the next year.
  10. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yep, Rudy is done, and it's everyone against Mitt from here on out. Mitt is in trouble.

Concord, can you imagine that crippled 72 year old war mongering McCain in the White House? If he gets elected, I'll start looking at my Dec. 21 2012 Mayan calendar:eek: :D
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    For the life of me, I can't understand why a Christian conservative would vote for Romney over McCain.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I won't vote for either of them.

Virginia votes on Feb. 12 and I'll be voting for Huckabee or Paul if they're still in it.

Regardless, McCain has this pretty much won, I believe. I can't see myself voting for him in November unless he possibly pegged Brownback as his Veep, which is a slight possibility.
  13. theogt

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I can't decide who has a greater chance of being mentally ill -- Huckabee or Paul.

I'd definitely vote Paul, though.
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I disagree.

Paul is possibly the only candidate who genuinely understands the financial crisis facing our nation.
  15. theogt

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    There is no financial crisis facing our nation, unless you consider the business cycle somehow abnormal.
  16. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    can you say McCain-Giuliani ticket? Guess I better take down my Giuliani lawn sign and get a McCain one.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    We're running such an enormous deficit that other countries are actually warning us about our irresponsible fiscal practices.

We're borrowing from other countries, notably China.

Our dollar continues to lose value relative to the rest of the world.

I'm not predicting doom, but we could have a serious problem if these issues aren't addressed.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's real simple. At least I know that Romney has some values that are close to mine. I know that Romney isn't going to try and sniffle my political voice like McCain-Fiengold. I know that Romney doesn't want to give amnesty to illegal aliens. I know that Romney doesn't want to fight his own party to try and stifle progress. I know that Romney isn't much interested in being best buddies with the liberal left. I know Romney has a better handle on the financial issues.

And that's just part of it.

So there, I just saved your life. You owe me. :D

BTW, I am also picking between the only two available. I thought there was much better choices but they didn't run.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I think Florida was key for McCain and expect this boost will help him get over the hump.
  20. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,787 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I'm torn on this. While I do not agree with the Mormon religion, every one I have met have been genuinely good people. They are more sincere than most (Protestant) Christians. I will probably vote for Huckabee. Although I think McCain will win the nod. McCain is a little too liberal for my liking but I think that is what will win him the Presidency