1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like the Clinton campaign planted another person on CNN

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    LINK

According to the post-debate wrap=up on CNN as well as Town Hall one of the questions in tonights CNN/YouTube debate was asked by retired colonel Keith Kerr who is a member of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual Americans For Hillary Steering Committee, or in short someone associated with her campaign.

Bill Bennet who broke the news to Anderson Cooper on the post-debate wrap-up used the word “plant” in describing his question, which seems to be how Drudge & Town Hall are describing it.

Cooper apologized for the mix-up and said this associated should have been disclosed. More to the point, CNN should probably have done a better job in vetting these questions. Granted it might be difficult to know the life story of a snowman but a retired colonel is someone who would have some kind of public record not to mention a simple question like “are you associated with any of the candidates either directly or indirectly” would have been a nice question to ask those who submitted.

They did bring Kerr to the debate floor and let him talk in addition to his video submission. In all that time preparing, it seems like that little fact should have come up.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Is ANYONE really suprised at this? Maybe that they are so clumsy and easily found out, but still.....
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    ROFLMAO

So anyone who supports Hillary is prevented from asking questions of anyone else now?

His question was a very poignant one that he alone could have asked.

How is it a "plant"?

Wow, seriously.

This was hosted by the Florida Republican Party.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    He has or is currently on her staff...little bit more than a coinky dink JT.

Come on.

Yes he had a legit question IMO and I actually share his views on that point but to act is if were not a plant is something else.

CNN even apologized for it afterwards.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Huh? On her staff??
    I must have missed where it states he is actually employed by her.

According to the post-debate wrap=up on CNN as well as Town Hall one of the questions in tonights CNN/YouTube debate was asked by retired colonel Keith Kerr who is a member of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual Americans For Hillary Steering Committee, or in short someone associated with her campaign.

He is a member of an organization that supports her. His question had nothing to do with Hillary and further was extremely topical. The Repubs have gay supporters. The question does matter to them. Huckabee handled the gay support question very, very well by the way.

I am for the current plan btw, as were the candidates(did i mention bill clinton rules) but they could have handled the question much better than they did.

40% at a minimum of this country would vote for Hillary the worst polls show. With that many supporters it is really expected that 40% of the country be disqualified from asking other candidates questions? Can Hillary supporters not be involved int he political process? What if Obama or Edwards wins? Can Hillary supports not vote Repub then?

To call this a plant is a stretch and an insult to everyone's intelligence imho.

This colonel lived his entire life as gay and a military person. He asked a question that was pertinent to him and sincere. It wasn't goofy, it wasn't about hillary, it was about what he considered most important.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    I said staff...it should be committee..either way he has ties.

" Following the debate, CNN learned that retired Brigadier Gen. Keith Kerr served on Clinton's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender steering committee,'' the sponsors of the debate here said in a statement issued today. David Bohman, senior vice president and executive producer of the debate, added: "We regret this incident. CNN would not have used the general's question had we known that he was connected to any presidential candidate."
  7. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Gotta understand that Jterrel has a serious woody for Hilary; read his posts concerning her with that in mind.

If this guy was so honorable, etc, he would have identified himself and what committee he was a part of and the FACT that HE was on a committee that was CONNECTED TO HER CAMPAIGN. He did not. Why was that? Is he so NAIVE that he thought it would not be a point of contention or controversy? NOT VERY LIKELY.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    I always laugh when one extremist feels the need to warn me about another.;)
  9. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    glad to be of service. Call anytime.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    this is gonna make me giggle all day bp. thanks.
  11. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    At least Brain realizes that Hilary is an extremist.
  12. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    maybe i'm dense, but i don't think he was talking about hillary.
  13. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    JT? this was to never happen again?
  14. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    ice, i know you are busy but this isn't worth a response.
    look again at the actual situation, the question, read the articles, not just the blogs.
  15. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His job is to set agendas and schedule business for her campaign. You can't get more inside than that. It's the equilavent of James Baker being trotted out during a Democratic debate to ask "non-partisan" questions. Even CNN got fooled, so it's nothing to be embarrassed about. We all got fooled. But the bottom line is, this is nothing new for the Clintons. They've been doing this for 15 years. I should know, because I was part of it for about 6 of those years.
  16. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    cowboy jeff wrong also?

if someone said hillaries hair was a bit off, you'd explain why in great detail it's just fine using whatever logic you could, logical or not.

pattern continues.

i believe you on a lot of things, jt. but nothing when it comes to clinton. just PR noise at this point. understand i believe YOU believe it, but that's where it ends.

back to my homemade chicken and veggie soup.
  17. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received

wrong about what??? If that individual is a member of a steering committee, I told you what their functions are pertinent to what they were 15 years ago when I worked with those same people.
  18. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    sorry jeff. i may have misinterpreted you.

my thought was that you were saying that the clintons plant questions on a regular basis for things like this.

that in itself i really don't care as long as spontantious questions are allowed and more prominant. you should be allowed to cover what you feel is important.

but say so and why.

clinton said last time or two ago this was not their policy, never happened before, and would never happen again.

i said she lied.

jt asked me to prove it.

not sure what else i could do at that point.

anyway - it sounded like you've had personal experience that she's done this before. if i was wrong, my bad.
  19. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Back in 1992, we would sit in the audience and hope moderators would call on us. We would have prepared questions and talking points given to us from Little Rock HQ. Once in a while they would call on us, but not often. I'm guessing they did the same thing here. It's nothing new with the Clintons, Guilianis, or any other candiate out there. They are focusing on her because she is a front runner. If it was Kucinich who did this, nobody would give a crap. The fact that she was caught doing it is not a big deal to me. It's the "Damage-Control Spin Machine" responses of denial which means to me the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. It's more of "I didnt have sexual relations with that woman" instead of the honest "my wife looks like Rosie O Donnell and has cankles, so I've turned into a man-whore." I would at least respect that. Plants are normal, but plants who are on steering committees take it to another level.
  20. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    THANK YOU. this is my sole point. have some planned questions if you want to. i'm sure they all do it so they can 1) focus on issues they feel are important and 2) sound smart while on tv. when asked about it, all she had to say was "it does happen but it's not a focus...here's why many politicians, myself included, will do this..." and it's over. i'll agree about another level, but what can you expect? she has no shame and doesn't care what she says.

her lie after lie is why i have no use for the woman.