1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Looks like the ND bubble is bursting

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Yeagermeister, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Mich St is handing them their arses.
  2. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Looks like you spoke too soon didn't ya there buddy?:eek:

Go Irish!
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not so fast my friend :cool:
  4. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    AH scratch that.....................
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    yeah at little too fast :D

great game and finish
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I'm proud of the way Notre Dame fought back after going down by 3 TDs.

Eventhough Stovall put up great numbers, I'm disappointed with how he played down the stretch. 2 drops and a sorry effort on the pass in the endzone in OT.
  7. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,771 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    ND played a dang good game, and should be proud of the way they came back, they faltered atthe end but you know every good team has to lose......except USC:D:D:D
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,022 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Best game of this young season. They're only getting better. Finally a season where I can actually feel like they're going to be competitive. Golden Domer Homer...........
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,173 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Any day the overhyped domers lose is a great day.

That kind of loss is even more satisfying for haters like me. Just when domerfan thought his team would pull it out, the rug was pulled out from under him.

As the MSU players actions spoke louder than words when they planted their flag at the 50, that is the Spartans' house.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

Dang canadians... worse then cockroaches.
  11. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Parcells coaching tree is going to get even bigger because after watching some of these Notre Dame games under Weiss, I fully expect him to return them to glory. Those tough academic admission standards are the only obstacle.
  12. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A lot of people said the same thing when Willingham had them rolling early in his 1st season there.

I'm a Domer hater from way back. So I hope Weiss can't get it done. But they look real good so far.

It's much easier for me to say that after a loss. ;)
  13. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, things looked promising under Willingham in his first year, that's for sure. I don't really keep up with recruiting outside of the Big 12, but I thought I heard or read somewhere that Weiss in his first year already had a better recruiting class than any of Willingham's past years. So if it's true, at least they're bringing in some fresh blood. I watched an ESPN show on Weiss, and how he had the players even practicing the pre-game ceremonies so that nothing in next week's game would seem out of place. Talk about leaving no stone unturned. This guy has the same blood that Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin, and others have used for success.
  14. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dang TruBlue, I hate to hear that. I wanted Willingham to do well, because I know that the better he would do, it would open more doors for other worthy Black candidates.

But I really hated rooting for Notre Dame. Even how quickly the polls jumped them up when they had that winning streak that year.
  15. Texas33

Texas33 New Member

165 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But I really hated rooting for Notre Dame. Even how quickly the polls jumped them up when they had that winning streak that year.ome more win and they woulda jumped both Texas and USC and woulda had there own poll.....they are an average team mothing more....
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,994 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Notr Dame should have to be in a conference to have any chance at a BCS game. Period.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,994 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Having your own network and not having to share any money with conference members more than makes up for any acedemic standards, but hey it's Notre Dame, there's always an excuse.
  18. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,173 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Gee Rack, nice comeback.

As Jimmy wrote, Notre Dame always has an excuse.
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received

So that's just ND, huh?

They gave MSU 7 points on the INT and lost 7 points when they fumbled at the goalline. Those aren't excuses, they're facts.

ND showed a lot of heart coming back from 21 down.