1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

LSU CB Ron Brooks to visit the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Woods, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I don't remember seeing this posted before . . . . He's got great speed, that's for sure . . . . I suppose he would be a lower round pick potentially.

Source: LSU CB Ron Brooks visited Ravens
    by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, March 31, 2012 at 4:17 pm ET

Ron Brooks Profile

LSU cornerback Ron Brooks has visited the Baltimore Ravens, according to a league source.

He's also going to visit the Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Brooks has played in every game over the past four years, intercepting two passes last season and returned both for touchdowns.

His three career interceptions were all returned for touchdowns. He's known for his versatility, lining up at several positions for the Tigers.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds at the NFL scouting combine, registering a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-foot broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 12 times.

He set a career-high with six tackles, a sack and a fumble recovery against Arkansas.

He was named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Week against Ole Miss when he had a sack, a forced fumble he recovered and returned an interception 46 yards for a touchdown.

His father, Anthony Brooks, played for the Chicago Bears.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.
  2. mensaone

mensaone Benched

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well thats goods news

40 yards in 4.37 - One of LSU's most experienced players having played in every game since 2008 (52 games) … A top reserve in the secondary who often played in LSU's nickel and dime packages
  3. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    All the palyers that kept him on the bench are top 5 players in the draft or at least potential top 5. Peterson. Claiborne, and Mathieu. I would take a flyer on him late.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i love the sound of him. if they took him in the 3rd-4th round after the o-line and d-line was addressed that would be awesome.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy looks like a nickel/dime back/special teams player. Interesting.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    He had a horrifically bad short shuttle at 4.56 for a guy who can run a 4.37 40 yard dash. I think DeCastro beat him and that is downright embarassing for a CB. His 3-cone was better but not very good for a CB at 7.23.

It seems like his athleticism is pure straight line and I don't think we should consider drafting him at all. Those numbers are too poor to play CB unless there is some explanation for it.
  7. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think many scouts are projecting him to safety.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,800 Messages
    2,070 Likes Received
    Late rd pick I would like to get Brooks.