1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Maclin taunting Mo after penalty

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Marktui, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I saw Jeremy Maclin stand over Mo and scream at him after Mo got called for PI. I thought it should have been a penalty, on him for taunting, but oh well. Dude sure does talk a lot, but when he alligator armed that throw across the middle with Sensy coming at him made me laugh.

Shades of Freddie Mitchell looking for Roy Williams before he goes for a catch. Sooo glad we won, I hate the Iggles :lmao2:
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,977 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Anyone else think that Romo got hit very late, .. twice. And I think the plays were close together.

I thought either one could have been called what with the way they are protecting QB's now.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Romo gets hit late, in the head, low and never gets a flag. If you just breathe on either Manning or Brady and the flag are flying.
  4. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Refs have backed off taunting calls a lot. I think there was an initiative 2 years ago to clean up celebrations and taunting, so they had a hair trigger. They've really backed off now, which I think is a good thing, as long as they're consistent about it.

But as for the actual act, it is pretty funny for a guy to taunt who's going to get obliterated today in the tape room for that pull-up job across the middle.
  5. dirtycallahan

dirtycallahan Member

202 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Any idea what the eagles were trying to pull on the last play of the game, what was point of the stanford play when you are down by that much.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Yeah, I noticed the taunt, and thought it could well have been a penalty. Is that a common thing for Maclin? I liked him coming out of college, and I thought he was the 'classy' WR in PHI.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    They were trying to score. Points scored is one of the playoff tie breakers. What are they supposed to do? Take a knee?
  8. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,655 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I don't think it's a sign of Maclin being a scumbag or anything, he and Mo were probably talking trash to each other all game. Guys get a bit heated, and Maclin had reasons to be frustrated in the game, getting crushed, then alligator arming scared later, etc.
  9. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    I'd have run a straight return. The chances of getting someone hurt are better than the chances of the points-scored differential helping the Eagles this season.

It was fun to watch, though.
  10. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,985 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    The play started with 13 seconds left. They were at our 31, so if they had thrown into the end zone and scored, there would have been time left for an onside kick and one play.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,403 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    If that was not a taunting penalty then they need to take taunting penalties out of the rulebook. He clearly stood over Claiborne and taunted him.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong Zone Supporter

8,474 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    Sometimes I miss the fire the Colombo brought to this team in his heyday. Remember when he went after Brandon Jacobs post game? That entire Defense should have been in Maclin's face.

They play like they could care less about every possible penalty except the ones they may potentially get for sticking up for their teammates.
  13. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,110 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    when a star goes down for the year doing that nonsense, then taking a knee sounds like a good idea
  14. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I agree that the defense should've spoke to maclin.
  15. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

842 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Maclin is top 5 in the most overrated player in the league catagory
  16. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

242 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    You gotta admit, Mo deserved it. He raped the guy for 4 quarters on national TV in front of thousands of cheering spectators...

:laugh2:
  17. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Those WRs were playing really aggressively coming off the line. I was surprised the refs let some of that stuff go. And then the flag they threw on Claiborne away from the action on Spencer's pick-six was a shame. *Definitely a flag there,* but given how that stuff's overlooked so often, and how inconsequential it was to the action, and how much hand-checking they were letting the WRs do that game, it was a pretty tame foul to reverse such a big play on.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He was probably saying, "YOU CAN'T HOLD ME!!".. because that was like the 5th time Mo interfered with him that game. Maclin is good.. and had every reason to taunt Mo as much as he was beating him that game.

He's not a big talker either, actually..
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Oh really? When do you ever hear Maclin's name brought up? He's underrated actually, people still actually think D Jag is better than he is, even though he outperforms him every season.
  20. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Well once the clock hit zero, it was the logical thing to do.