1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Madden 2012

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Anyone picking this up this year? Would anyone be interested in starting a little CZ online franchise? I'm getting it for Xbox 360.
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,671 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    I usually buy it every year but after how horrible 11 was i'm in wait and see mode for 12
  3. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,278 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I'd love to join a CZ online franchise, but I'm one of those snobby PS3 players and we never have enough people on hear to form one. ;)
  4. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,638 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I didn't buy Madden 11, first version Of Madden I've ever skipped.

Did burrow it for a while though. It was Madden 10, with some new bells and whistles. I'm assume Madden 12 will also be Madden 10, with some other new bells and whistles. I might buy this year though now that I have a 60" HD tv to play on.

I'd be down for a league, so long as there is a sim feel to the ruleset.

Haven't played Madden online in any serious way in a few years, it's all the same handful of overpowered plays on offense and defense. Ridiculous Nano blitzes, Stupid rocket Catching. These things take skill to master, for sure, as I took the time to master all of em in Madden 08/09, but it just turns the game into a gigantic "Who has the bigger cheese play" cheesefest.
  5. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    inb4 ESPN 2K5

Also, I've been playing the demo. I really like the new tackling system. Hope they finally added Ware and Rat's Hulk sack celebration in the full game.
  6. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,638 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I *LOVED* This game.

But Madden 06 was better than it, and so has every madden since.

There are still things that 2k5 had that Madden does not, and I miss them. But it's laughable when people act like it was a better game than the Maddens after it.
  7. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I actually still have my old giant Xbox just for 2K5 and Morrowind.
  8. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I have never seen somebody be so wrong about something before.
  9. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,360 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I could not stand the way the old system was, here is an example:

I played in franchise the Redskins, and because they had so few guards and injuries they had their KICKER at right guard. So I think wow I will just have Ware line up at DT right over him, the ENTIRE game the kicker stones Ware. Yup the AI Ware could not get past the kicker blocking him, hhhhhhhhhhhuuh. So the suction thing is beyond ridiculous.
  10. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I was greatly disappointed in Madden 2011, with the suction blocking and the lame wanna be gang tackling that didn't really work.

I played the demo of 2012 and I'll be purchasing it. It won't be without faults, which is always the case with sports games, but the game plays much better than any Madden I've played. The suction blocking is gone, and the tackling feels much better. Guys don't start the tackle animation until they're actually on the offensive player instead of warping towards them, so it's much easier to juke people and it just feels much better.
  11. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,536 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I have a PS3, but I'd beat you so bad that Barry would fire you.

Just kidding. I don't like all the pre-snap control you have. I would have to play it in simplistic mode.
  12. hookemhorns72

hookemhorns72 Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've preordered 12. I WAS NOT going to buy it if Vick was on the cover!
  13. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,278 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Them sounds like fightin' words Leon!!

Don't sing it.....BRING IT!! :p:
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I said I wasn't going to buy it this year but after playing the demo I just might.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Does that mean it's better this year?
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Probably not :laugh2:
  17. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    If you create an online franchise, PM me. I would be down to join.
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,463 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Madden 11 was the first one I'd had in years (the first I had on Xbox for sure) and while I had some fun with it the fun factor, and replay ability of the game, for me, was very short lived. I played it a bit from when it came out until about the first week of October last year and then I didn't put it back in my XBox again until about a month ago. I played a few games and then traded it to my buddy for his brand new copy of Bad Company 2.

Best trade I've ever made on any game in my entire life. So, in short (or long in this case I guess), I will not be getting 12 and probably no other Madden anytime in the near future.
  19. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,173 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    There was a glitch one year, I forget which year now, where you could audible, then audible cancel and send the RB in motion. The QB (Vick) would turn to pitch the ball to the RB who wasnt there, then you could take off with him down the field because the defense was all flowing to where the RB was suppose to be. I averaged over 260 rushing yards a game online that year. The best part was listening to how pissed people would get that they couldnt stop it.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I'm in if it's sim football, if it's a bunch of people going for it on 4th and 30, I'm definitely not in.

I'm excited for the revamped franchise mode personally, been aching for a franchise mode overhaul for years and years.