1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Maddest you guys have ever been after a loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GBpack10, Apr 16, 2014.

1. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,320 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Yes...I used to hate and loathe those Stealers ...hey what ever happened to that rivalry....oh yeah we suck and they don't is what happened.
  2. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,972 Messages
    362 Likes Received

Last two Detroit games...........talk about pissin' away.

There really are more 'mad' games than feel good games. Even when they win. I just haven't seen Cowboys football for a long time. Every year there's something 'weird' going on.
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Actually now that I've thought about it, the 2008 season against the Ravens. The last game at Texas Stadium where the defense let Willis McGahee run for an 80 yard TD, and the very next possession, the Cowboys let some full back stiff arm Ken Hamlin into the turf en route to run for another 80 yard TD. It was so embarrassing to lose like that, playing the final game at Texas Stadium. That game was one of the worst for me.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    2 years ago when we lost to Detroit. Up big in 1st half and then don't even show up in 2nd half. Was at a sports bar and was very tough to watch and listen to jerks who jumped on the Detroit bandwagon.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,795 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Those 2 losses to the Skins were prob worse than any Red has given away. That 1992 game at RFK was a devastating loss. Remember Jimmy with tears in his eyes at his presser?

Beware of the wrath of Jimmy Johnson

[IMG]
    By Jeff PearlmanUpdated: September 19, 2008, 11:59 AM ET
    • "Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty," copyright 2008 by Jeff Pearlman. Reprinted with permission of HarperCollins.

• Everything came to a head on the afternoon of Dec. 13, 1992, when the Cowboys fell apart against the Redskins at RFK Stadium. Leading up to the game, a palpable bitterness consumed both teams. Though they were the defending Super Bowl champions, the 8-5 'Skins were three games behind the 11-2 Cowboys. They were a forgotten franchise, lost in the revival of America's Team. With a win, the Cowboys would clinch their first NFC East title in seven years.
    Read the rest here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/080918
    OhSnap likes this.
  6. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Then again if we go back in time the real worst losses were to pittsburg in the 70's in two Superbowl losses, I can still remember the pain and disgust. That's why I still hate pittsburg more than any other team in the NFL
    Jarv likes this.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,795 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Just like the 1992 game, we were the better team by far all day, and found a way to piss it away in an unthinkable way.
    casmith07 likes this.
  8. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,951 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Any and all games we lose to those evil evil redskins....
  9. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,305 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    The Catch. Nothing else comes close.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    For me it's the 1994 NFC Championship Game. It's the most painful loss to me but at the same time over the years it's also become the game I was the most proud of that Dallas Cowboys team for. They showed the real heart of champions that day which you can't really see, or understand, in victories. They come in those defeats.
    German Corner likes this.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    203 Likes Received

Yeah i was also at that '92 game. Weird game. We controlled the game for the first 2.5-3 quarters. Then the skins got a few fluky plays, we turned the ball over late and ballgame.

The maddest i've been is after the 94 season NFC Championship Game loss to the Niners. The saddest is the 82-83 NFC Championship Game loss to the skins.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't know if that made me the maddest, but it is top five. It changed my opinion of Romo from that point on.
  13. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

187 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    EASILY the giants loss from a few years ago when they came back down two scores with like 4 and a half mins to go, my family are giants fans, I despise the giants that loss was a pain to deal with
  14. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Member

163 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The playoff game loss to the Panthers after the 1996 season. Mainly because I could see the writing was on the wall for the dynasty and that I could tell we lost with greater talent on the field than they had.
  15. mcompact

mcompact Member

60 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    The '94 NFC Championship game against the Niners. I'm still pissed that we didn't 4-peat with that dynasty.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,375 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Romo bobbles the ball before the kick in Seattle.

that set the stage for his many end of season fade-outs
  17. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,375 Messages
    503 Likes Received

Really?

Strikes me as an odd choice but I still respect it!
  18. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,788 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I dont get mad anymore I just laugh
  19. daveferr33

daveferr33 Well-Known Member

250 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    2008 loss to Steelers.

Something broke in me that day. I haven't really been the same since.
    Everson24 and McLovin like this.
  20. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,027 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I was livid, literally seeing blood red "during" first quarter when Christmas came early for 49ers with 21 points in 12 minutes of first quarter.

By the end of the game, "livid and blood red" was gone. Replaced with, I can't believe it and numbness.
    German Corner and mcompact like this.