1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Madonna lip sync?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Doomsday101, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    It's no surprise that following a live performance fans will debate on whether or not the performer sang live.

Following the end of the halftime show for the 2012 Super Bowl, some fans were wondering: Did Madonna lip sync?

Countless stories have been written since about Madonna, 53, miming the words of her 12-minute halftime performance at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis while the Twitter world reveled in the fact that Madge's vocals for "Vogue," "Music," "Give Me Your Luvin'" and "Like a Prayer" were pre-taped.

"The only thing Madonna proved during the Super Bowl 46 show is her irrelevance; the halftime show was so obviously lip synced that it was painful. Madonna, though, did lip sync perfectly in time, which is much easier said than done," SB Nation wrote Sunday evening.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/293656/20120206/madonna-lip-sync-halftime-super-bowl-video.htm
  2. Doomsday101

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    Not a big fan of lip sync. Show some guts and put your talent on the line when it counts.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I spotted the fact that she was lip-syncing immediately. I mean within 3-5 seconds. I told my wife and she said no way. Then about 30 seconds later, she agreed. :laugh2:

Milli-[strike]Vanilli[/strike]-Madonna
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,075 Messages
    2,503 Likes Received
    You watched it? I went for more queso and beer.
  5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,367 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Yes she lip synched, as most dancer/singers do in a performance like that.

Which brings me to my next point......Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on the best Super Bowl halftime show ever! :) No lip synching there, and they played their own instruments too!
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,908 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Who cares...I mean, that one chick flipping off the entire world during the performance was real enough.
  7. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    After last years terrible half time show by the Black Eyed Peas, I am fine with a pop act lip-syncing during a big stage performance like that. It really is necessary for today's pop sound, considering all of the voice altering technology that is used & over tracking. Doesnt bother me at all. I enjoyed the performance, and thought Madonna looked pretty good for 53. Much better performance than what Lady Gaga is doing now (and she is supposed to be the new Madonna). Personally, this isn't my style of music. I would rather have a live rock show.

That said, any live performance is a nightmare to produce for live audience and TV audience at the same time.
  8. Doomsday101

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    It might be a nightmare but for me I expect performers to perform not lip sync. Put your talent out there at least live acts put it on the line
  9. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Milli Vanilli never sang their own songs. Madonna does. Just not live ;)
  10. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I hear ya. For all we know, the NFL required it of her and the rest of the performers there. Lots of paranoia after Janet's nipple-gate.
  11. Doomsday101

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    That has not been the case in many of the acts in recent times who have performed live. Fact is Madonna does it all the time. It is a dance and act routine done to lip sync and frankly not something I care for.

A true artist in my view puts in on the line when they get on stage not using the protection of studio recordings that can make you sound a lot better than maybe you are.

Sorry just a pet peeve of mine, your talent should do the talking for you
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,161 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    While a great performer in her day, she was never really a good singer. So it wouldn't be a surprise that she lip-synced in a live performance given 20+ years past her prime.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,010 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    It was a very bizarre halftime show to say the least.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,492 Messages
    1,682 Likes Received
    How about the staged bird flipping?
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,459 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    Obvious as all hell it was lip synced.

Everyone knew it.

Someone in the room pointed out how the pom poms couldn't be heard at all as she was waving them around right next to the mic.
  16. Doomsday101

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    she had the silent pom pom, new from Bridgestone. :laugh2:
  17. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,908 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I knew she was from the first second and after she almost busted her ***. :laugh1:
  19. kimrose

kimrose Active Member

302 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Yeah, you could tell she was. You can't jump up and down and spin around and hold your voice that steady, it's gonna jump around, too. And there were parts, when they were jumping and spinning, that the mike wasn't even up to her mouth, but the volume did not waver. But the half time show producers do prefer lip synching over live, to alleviate mistakes and possibly terrible vocals.

All in all, I thought it was a great performance and was quite happy with it. And I thought she looked fantastic, regardless of her age. But, I've always been a huge Madonna fan, so I'm partial like that. ;)
  20. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah I too found something better to do while that nonsense was going on.