1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Major Offseason Needs

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Dec 27, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Here is the needs we have this offseason, fell the sots or add to it.
    How would you fix these, to many holes to just say draft.

CB Newman is gone, I hope, CBs are expensive, draft round 1
    FS Dashon Goldston or early in the draft get Markelle Martin
    CB Need depth and a replacement for Ball and Walker, maybe a vet FA, Aaron Ross would be nice
    SOLB Resign Spencer if contract is fare, but may have to go early in the draft. Andre Branch, Melvin Ingram, or Courtney Upshaw.
    3-4DE Calais Campbell would be a nice add here but if we can't pull that off then we will need to get one in the draft
    ILB Carter should take over but we will still need someone. I would like us to get Larry Grant in FA. He has done a great job with SF this year filling in for Willis. We can get him to come in and battle Carter as the starter.
    LG Big need, we need atleast one big ugly this offseason. Carl Nicks would be perfect.
    RG For some reason Arkin isn't getting look this year even with Holland now out. I say draft a guy like Cordy Glenn or Zeitler. We may just role with Koiser again.
    Center Costa sucks, Killer, Nagy, and Arkin look mor elike Centers than they do OGs and all may battle for the spot this offseason but I would rather have a true Center. Ben Jones would be very nice add.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,155 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    largely agree with your plan and choices

here is mine:

FA: (go after the cheaper positions though a couple of options are expensive)

NT: soliai
    OG: nicks or grubbs
    CB (backup): mid range such as Aaron Ross

If we can swing it, would love campbell but likely too expensive
    ILB like Grant is also a good option

Draft: (go after premium positions)

Rd 1: OLB: ingram, branch
    Rd 2: OC: ben jones or brewster
    Rd 3: CB: best available
    Rd 4: FS or ILB

most important: get Norv as OC
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    you will pry the OC from Red Balls cold dead hands
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,155 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    well, in that case :shoot3: :)

sorry Hos

though my preference would be Norv OC and Garrett HC
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Soliai and Nicks would be a very nice FA haul.

Unfortunately, i think burm is right.. JG thinks he is the best OC for this team and i doubt he gives it up.

Would be great to get an OC, like you said, but i doubt it happens.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    I hope to see 2 OL players added (1 with a 1st or 2nd rd pick the other a FA). I think much of what Garrett wants to do is dictated by what the OL can do.

CB in either the 1st or 2nd rd

OLB in the 3rd. I think find a true OLB or smallish DE with pass rushing skills who can be moved to the OLB in a 3-4
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    you think you can get a day one starting SOLB in the 3rd. Can you show me one 3rd round SOLB that started and played well his rookie year.
    If we let Spencer walk then I will say our first two picks are CB and SOLB, then we go DL, and OL and maybe Safety.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    Frank Alexander,Shayne Skov and Devin Taylor are 3 guys I can think of that I feel could contribute early on I also think Victor Butler can help man that positions. I think Keeping Romo up right is just as important as your picks. I'm all for getting CB in the 1st or 2nd rd and I'm for putting a guy opposite Ware but I do have Ware that is a big part of the eqation in my book.

OL has been ignored too long and with Kosier getting another year older and problems at Center I think Dallas has to address this asap