1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Make or Break game for Danny Coale

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,175 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    We released Jared Green, Eric Rogers, and Anthony Amos.

This means that Danny Coale will almost certainly get a lot of playing time in the last preseason game. Especially if they hold Beasley out of the game as his roster spot is secured already.

We're mainly go to see Harris, Benford, and Coale. If he can't step up now, even his practice squad position might be in jeopardy. I don't even think we'll see all that much of Harris either. Mostly Benford and Coale.

He hasn't managed to be at all effective so far in training camp or preseason. I really do think this is his shot.
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Coale will not make the 53. As of now beasley shouldnt either. Harris is a lock. Not sure about benford he'll probably be on ps
  3. Galian Beast

9,175 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    Go home, you're drunk.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  4. StarBoyz83

3,434 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Beasley hasnt shown anything. Imo if he makes the team I hope he helps but i dont expect much from him.
  5. Galian Beast

9,175 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    The guy has been solid through out camp... not sure what you've been watching. I'm convinced that a lot of fans paid zero attention to training camp at this point.

Even in the preseason games, Beasley has shown quite a bit.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  6. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    maybe you should watch the games. beasley has played very well. as for coale nothing he can do will get him a roster spot. his only hope is ps
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  7. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Are you getting coale and beasley confused ? If not you really don't know what your talking about !
  8. StarBoyz83

3,434 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I only watch first half of the games. So thats probably why. He wasnt impressive at all last year maybe hes improved. I havent seen anything from him from what ive watched
  9. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,958 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    ah, my former pet cat...can he actually get on the field and stay there? (sniff sniff)...just do it Danny-boy, just do it!!!!
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  10. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,472 Messages
    838 Likes Received
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    I would actually say Harris is more of a lock than Beasley, just based on the fact that the Cowboys have Harris penciled in as the main return guy. But I would agree that Beasley is more of lock than Benford and Coale.
  12. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Then I'm afraid you really are not qualified to have an opinion on this particular thread.
    Sinister, fatboygixxer and Eric_Boyer like this.
  13. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    pretty hard to respect player evaluation from a guy that doesn't watch players perform. what are you even doing commenting on people?
  14. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    beat me to it.

what kind of person wastes his time on forums posting about players he admits to not spending time evaluating? it makes no sense to me at all
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,600 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    That ship has already broken ... or something like that
  16. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received

You really wanna like this guy, but he can't stay on the field..from what I've read, in college he was NEVER hurt..and ALWAYS open..
  17. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    If he wasn't broken already it wouldn't be. At this point you have to give the nod to Benford over Coale, at least he has proven he can produce in a real game situation.
  18. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    To some degree you're right, neither Coale nor Beasley has really earned a spot on the roster but Beasley is a heck of a lot closer than Coale. I like Beasley's skillset and always root for the little guy (in this case the REALLY little guy) so I'm pulling for him but as far as I'm concerned, Coale can sit next to Matt Johnson on the next bus out of VR and if not for his contract, Ratliff could drive the bus.
    Cowboys=SuperBowl and StarBoyz83 like this.
  19. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    come on Danny Boy, you can do it!
  20. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Beasley had one bad game and one good game and has been hurt the past two. You really can't evaluate him based on that. This is his chance to prove something if he actually plays.