1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Make or Break game for Danny Coale

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 27, 2013.

1. renny

renny Member

152 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Starboyz is correct, the Cowboys are holding roster spots for injured players and cutting players who have performed all preseason. Beasley can only play in the slot and isn't a factor on special teams. Heath has earned every right to be on the roster over Johnson. Sure the Cowboys passed on Moss and prematurely cut Jimmy Smith, however at some point this organization have to move on and stop looking back at what ifs.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,625 Messages
    6,390 Likes Received
    Coale's a goner, though he's got a shot at the PS. Personally, I'd let him go outright.
  3. Idgit

30,625 Messages
    6,390 Likes Received
    I think there's very little chance Beasley isn't on the final 53.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    4,942 Likes Received
    I see Zero chance that Danny Coale makes the 53 man roster. He was on the practice squad last year before getting injured and no other team signed him. He has done nothing his preseason. Why would a another team sign him off the practice squad this year with his swollen knee (if he even makes the PS) if they didn't sign him last year?
  5. renny

renny Member

152 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Maybe he is, but everything I've been hearing is that players must have flexibility to play multiple positions. I don't see that in Beasley, strictly slot receiver.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,705 Messages
    3,925 Likes Received
    Pretty much sums that up. He could easily make the PS should the Cowboys want him there. I have zero idea about this player.
  7. Idgit

30,625 Messages
    6,390 Likes Received
    That much is definitely true. If Dez or Austin go down, Beasley's the slot guy. Now that we've got Williams who can split wide out, it gives us a lot more options than we've had previously. If anything, last year was a tougher year for Beasley to make it, because putting him on the field meant taking Austin out of the slot, and we really were short on outside guys who could take the top off the defense. Harris could work that position, but barely. Armstrong was a late-season addition who they really wanted to work into the lineup, but who wasn't really ever able to have an impact (he's playing much better this camp, though, and has thoroughly impressed me).

I think the team really likes how hard Beasley is to cover. When a guy like that draws late season double-teams, you know you're onto something.
  8. renny

renny Member

152 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    You also have to consider how durable these backups are for the scouting teams during the season. Beasley is a very nice player but is he durable and dependable for the long haul?
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,897 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I would be very surprised if he made the team but, I suppose stranger things have happened.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,966 Likes Received
    I'd let McCray go.

I actually like McCray but cutting him would help out the roster a lot if we're forced to keep Matt Johnson.

Heath better make this team. That guy is a really good athlete and he is always around the ball.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Beasley is a lock for the 53. Coale PS material.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    4,942 Likes Received
    They could always bring McCray back when a roster spot opens up due to injury. I doubt that another team is going to sign him.
  13. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,142 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Agreed
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,251 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    I do think this is a big game for Coale and Benford one will make the team and they other will get released.
  15. Idgit

30,625 Messages
    6,390 Likes Received
    That's my question re: Beasley, too.

I'm not really the biggest Beasley fan myself. I just think it's a given he makes this roster. I like what he does in the slot, but I'd prefer a guy with more position flexibility. That said, he's a weapon on third downs, and I think Tony really likes players him (that's a supposition) who are dependably where they're supposed to be, especially in traffic. This year, anyway, the guys around him are flexible enough that it gives us plenty of options.
  16. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Danny Coale is still recovering from his ACL injury he does not have the same gene pool as RG3 and Adrian Peterson. He is on the same road as 90% of the other athletes in the NFL about a year to get close to normal again. Amendola comes to mind but each case is unique. Beasly is a really good player so either way we will be loaded with talent, just hate to see him end up an eagle or skin.
  17. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,448 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    "Gene pool"? Really?
  18. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,364 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    I believe he meant to say "quick healer".
    dogberry likes this.
  19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    Coale is so unlucky,unlike Matt johnson he has played against the top competition in college and was not a injury risk before being drafted and he was really good at his job with great hands.I think we should keep him on the PS one more year .
  20. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,114 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    At this point not only am I certain he won't make the 53, but I'd be just short of shocked if he made the PS. There have been several receivers that have actually shown something thru training camp that warrant a spot on the PS far more than Coale.