1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Man this is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by SLATEmosphere, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Laker bias aside..this finals is a ****ing joke. Every 5 seconds its a foul call. If you drive to the basket its a guarenteed foul for either team. Totally gives the advantage to the home team since no tempo can be made by the road team.

Its unwatchable. The NBA is garbage.

Pau just yelling and getting every ****ing foul.
  2. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,008 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I like my thread title better.:D
  3. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the refs are probably trying to set a tone since Artest bodyslammed Pierce 27 seconds into the game.
  4. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He had to let that ______ know its not 2008 :laugh1:
  5. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just want this to be a fair series. So far the refs are totally dictating the game and that is complete trash. When you're calling a foul on every drive or jump shot you're slowing down the game and having teams play half court defense.

That gives the Lakers an extreme advantage. Half of the calls tonight should not have been made. Over 3 hours for a basketball game is pathetic.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. rkstevens

rkstevens New Member

201 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, the refs were biased for the Lakers but somehow the Celtics ended up with 5 more free throws on the road (6 not counting the technical free throw). Ray Allen got some bad calls but Kobe also had two fouls in the first quarter and Odom got his third foul on a bogus charging call less than a minute and a half into the 2nd quarter. The refs were horrible but it was bad for both teams and it was the Allens' faults (Ray and Tony) that they didn't adjust.

Surprised you hate it when fouls are guaranteed for drives to the basket. Anyone who watches the Cavs knows that those are LeChoke's bread and butter plays. No wonder he was third in the league with 10.9 FTA per game.
  8. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I've said it for a while now. LET THEM PLAY!
  9. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

2,944 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Sounds like the same NBA for the last 5 years.
  10. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's why I'm not a big fan of basketball. There's a foul every other play.
  11. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Playoff basketball is always about the foul line. I remember the Heat/Mavs series a few years back when it seemed Wade was shooting free throws every 30 seconds due to phantom calls.

Let the play, and I guarantee ratings would go up. With all the fouling that goes on, it's just as efficient for me to wait for the SportsCenter highlights than it is to wait through forever and a day's worth of penalties.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,802 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Because your team did not win and your most hated team is ....... its a joke.

:lmao:
  13. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ya it's pretty tough to watch.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    I think that it's pretty standard for the home team to get certain calls on their own home court in the playoffs. It's been that way ever since I can remember. Not saying it's right. Just saying it's always been that way from my recollection.

When the Lakers get to the Garden, I'm sure that the calls will go the other way.
  15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reminds me last year when we played Green Bay and they were in danger of falling to far to make the playoffs. The refs made sure they won that game so they would play Brett Favre and Minnesota in the playoffs. That was just bull*.
  16. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about one team getting more calls than the other, I'm just talking about the fouls in general. Every possesion stops and we get to see free throws.

Sorry but that just isnt that entertaining. I want to see some flow to the game.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,812 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    This seems to have been the case for pretty much every basketball game I've bothered to watch, no matter who was playing, in the least 3 or 4 years. It's hardly something new, at least from what I've seen.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,684 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
    The NBA? Fair? :lmao:

This league is one small step from the WWE.
  19. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    The lakers deserved to win that game. Any Celtic fan blaming the refs for last night is just a cop out. The lakers had an answer for every Celtic run. They made key defensive stops, rebounds, and buckets. I'm a Celtic fan, but the bottom line is the refs didn't make Ray Allen go 0-13, they didn't out rebound Boston by 8, they also didn't make Boston miss free throws. Excuses are for losers. It will be 2-2 after Thursday night.
  20. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Game 3 was actually called a fair game by the refs. Shocking.