1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mana Silva released

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tecolote, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Because it is not what they think is a long term issue. You may not respect the job he does but the Cowboys do.
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well obviously he wasn't getting the job done. Looks like that guy we signed will have a bigger role after all.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,674 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Thought it was Arkin.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    If he clears waivers.

I think they're trying to play with a 54-man roster and may get burned here.
  5. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    He's done such a good job that in two games he has had a punt blocked for a TD and another that should have been blocked in which he got hurt and is now costing the team a roster spot. He appears to be a step or two slow and that gives the other team a chance to go after the block. I just don't see anything special about him other than he only costs the 2nd year minimum. There have to be 5 or 6 guys available at any time that are just as good as him. No one is going to claim him while he is hurt and carry two punters and thats my main point. He can be brought back when healthy. There is more chance of Silva being claimed than Jones. I just don't get their thinking.
  6. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably? I'm not too sure about that. There are a lot of teams that he can play for. He can contribute on nickel/dime and ST immediately. I would be surprised if Dallas managed to bring him back.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    That is possible, However they are not going to release Chris Jones they like him and plan on him being around for a while. I do think if Silva clears waviers he will be brought back in.
  8. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure. I wanted them to draft Ray Rice instead of Felix Jones.
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    The Moorman signing was definitely strange. They could've found someone cheaper so they could just release him when Jones gets back but Moorman's salary of 1.2 mil is guaranteed so they're probably going to keep him for the whole year and get their money's worth.

Very weird roster moves
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    You weren't the only one.

This is off-topic, but Ray Rice was my favourite in that draft. Only back in a long time that really resembled Emmitt.
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He's like 4th in the league in net average and has 4.4 yards per return against him with around 5 or 6 downs inside the 20.

He's doing pretty freakin well for his first season. The blocked punt clearly wasn't on him.
  12. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Same here. We also saw that marion barber should no longer start way before they did.

And that roy williams sucked shortly after arriving here but continued to play because of his contract and the fact jerry traded a lot for him.

Or that brooking and james were too slow. Or Terence Newman sucked and played off his man 10 yards every play.

We only see the games so these guys must be all world in practice.......
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Queue the overreaction crowd... He was an average at best safety folks.
  14. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haven't you heard man punters and quarterbacks are super human and should be able to block for themselves?
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    People heard Irvin calling him Troy Polamalu after the last preseason game and now suddenly Silva's got "potential" :laugh2: He wouldn't even have made the roster if McCray didn't start the season out injured
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obviously he's not even that or he wouldn't have been cut.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,995 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    I'm not in the overreaction crowd, and I hate this.
  18. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Thats all fine but ignores the most important aspect. He is injured and cannot punt for a few weeks. No other team is going to claim an injured punter and waste a roster spot waiting for him to get healthy. That means they can bring him back if they want to when he is ready to go. Instead, they cut a young safety who showed enough promise to make the team when they are already super thin at safety. Losing either player is really not that big of a deal, it just makes more sense to me to cut the injured punter instead of the healthy safety to make room for a new punter.
  19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,844 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    actually, Buffalo is on the hook for Moorman's $1.2M salary minus what the Cowboys are paying him. And the Cowboys can cut him at any time. So Moorman is on a week to week contract with the Cowboys. Good move financially.
  20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,572 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    And next week is a buy. So Chris Jones willl have 2 weeks to get somewhat healthy. No need to just cut him now.