1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by SuspectCorner, May 22, 2009.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Are we not talking about every day language here?
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Like I said, if you're going to have a precise discussion about the language, then you have to have a precise discussion about the language. Up until the point when everyone isn't on the same page, colloquialisms will do.
  3. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure we have the high ground morally and ethically. We're not beheading people.
  4. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well this administration has covered it's posterior, and has followed Bush's lead. We are now out sourcing our inhanced interrogation, I feel morally justified now.

The United States is now relying heavily on foreign intelligence services to capture, interrogate and detain all but the highest-level terrorist suspects seized outside the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan, according to current and former American government officials.

The change represents a significant loosening of the reins for the United States, which has worked closely with allies to combat violent extremism since the 9/11 attacks but is now pushing that cooperation to new limits.

In the past 10 months, for example, about a half-dozen midlevel financiers and logistics experts working with Al Qaeda have been captured and are being held by intelligence services in four Middle Eastern countries after the United States provided information that led to their arrests by local security services, a former American counterterrorism official said.
    The current approach, which began in the last two years of the Bush administration and has gained momentum under Mr. Obama, is driven in part by court rulings and policy changes that have closed the secret prisons run by the Central Intelligence Agency, and all but ended the transfer of prisoners from outside Iraq and Afghanistan to American military prisons.

The United States itself has not detained any high-level terrorist suspects outside Iraq and Afghanistan since Mr. Obama took office, and the question of where to detain the most senior terrorist suspects on a long-term basis is being debated within the new administration. Even deciding where the two Qaeda suspects in Pakistani custody will be kept over the long term is “extremely, extremely sensitive right now,” a senior American military official said, adding, “They’re both bad dudes. The issue is: where do they get parked so they stay parked?”

Gateway Pundit is the source
  5. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe America has the moral high ground here, at least we have prisoners.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It's not about high-ground. It's about hypocrisy and setting the standard. That's what I'm saying. Yes, it's a complex issue and there is a lot to be considered, but I think that's the ethically correct thing to do. That is, don't torture.
  7. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Another point I'd like to make is that if we're supposed to be the adversaries of freedom and justice in the world, why would we advocate torture?
  8. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,209 Likes Received
    That's what adversaries would do to freedom and justice.

I doubt you meant adversaries.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Yeah, i meant adversaries against those who *oppose freedom and justice.

I stand corrected on my diction, but thanks for helping me clarify my thought.
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thats what you meant,right?
  11. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Indeed.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    So, we are adversaries of freedom and justice?
  13. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,209 Likes Received
    Are you really trying to take the words that you wrote and assign them to me? I quoted you remember? Those are your words, not mine. I was quoting you.

Are you under some power lines or are you eating paste?
  14. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It's led paint. I've been eating it for years. You know that. :)
  15. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,209 Likes Received
    I know you have had so much of it you don't know the adjective and the compound is spelled "lead."

"Led" is the past participle of the action of leading.
  16. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Off with my head! :laugh1:
  17. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It's off limits here, but I could recommend a couple places to go visit where they would be more then happy to oblige you.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I was alluding to the Queen of England, of course.
  19. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Go find a dictionary,before I start thinking your prior post was no accident.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    ...let me know when you find a sense of humor.