1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Manhunt For Dorner Apparently Over?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Stryker44, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,333 Messages
    157 Likes Received
  3. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I agree. I also find it odd that they chose to kill him in such a barbaric manner - and without him being taken alive we get no idea over what was going through his mind.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    He killed how many people?

Frankly burning to death was appropriate for him. Odds are that final shot was him killing himself anyway.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    Have to wonder if one of the smoke grenades (probably CS) was actually an Incendiary grenade.

Also would think that he would have been shot trying to leave the house (due to it burning) instead of staying in there and burning to death. Of course maybe he passed out first.
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,876 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    I don't think it was an accidental fire. They burned that sucker down on purpose. Police conversations are recorded where they say to burn it down.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,745 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    Like what ?

He was a cornered coward, a fugitive that had been caught, .. he set the place on fire and shot himself.
  8. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,954 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    They killed him just like they wanted to all along. Dead men tell no tales. It's the California Cop way. Yes, I am bitter. I've seen relatives here complain about TX cops, and know TX cops have nothing on CA cops for corruption and evil. I have 2 people I grew up with who are dead at the hands of CA cops. Both were by SJPD, but LAPD and Oakland PD are just as bad and worse. Keep in mind these are the same southern california cops who went shooting up latina newspaper women without warning. Dornen was wrong with what he did, but his accusations hit home to too many. CA cops are corrupt and as racist as you can find. They wanted him dead and got their wish.
  9. RastaRocket

5,876 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Cops set it on fire. There is evidence all over the place.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    For all reading or wanting to post in this thread.

Do NOT start with the political talk.
  11. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

687 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I admit I have not followed or keep up with this story, it seems that from here, some articles I have been reading and other message boards that it took this dude 4-5 years to go off. I dont know but that seems like a long time and something should have been done....
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    Guy killed four and wounded 3 others through multiple shootouts. Good ridance.

13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

809 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Not justifying what he did, but if his options were to flee the cabin (and almost surely get shot running), or get burned to death....I would have shot myself before being burned alive. Apparently the cabin was completely surrounded.
  14. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,954 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'll stop out of respect for this website.
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,745 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    OK, .. you can change what I said to "the cops shot him and set the place on fire."

I don't care, doesn't change anything.

But why would they burn the structure down if they had already shot him?

Whatever happened to him, he brought it all on himself.
  16. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

687 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    You sir may have a point....DORNER was wrong in what he did and deserves what he gets, BUT....there is something that lead him to this and the powers that be wont and probably will not let it come out to save themselves.
  17. RastaRocket

5,876 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    I don't agree with Dorner for the way he handled the situation. I think he is crazy because of how he retaliated. I do believe he had some legitimate motives though.
  18. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

687 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Ok so i have shedded some of my ignorance and read up on this story....

Here are my thoughts

This all started in 2007 when he became a whistle blower....and we all know how they get treated.

Still was very wrong of him to do what he did, but this started way back in 2007 when he was trying to do the right thing.
  19. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

905 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I don't discount internal corruption at the LAPD.

Having said that, I think Dorner already planed to check out and planned to take as many with him as possible. He was a lawman and knew he would be caught sooner or later when he first contemplated this.

I'm just relieved that apparently he's no longer able to terrorize anyone.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Anyone who doesn't understand his motives just needs to Google and read his manifesto.

Though he certainly went too far, he did so in order to expose corruption. Unfortunately, that's not the side of the story that will be told.