1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Manny Lawson notes

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BigDFan5, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,752 Messages
    3,734 Likes Received
    Kiper had Ware as an early second, too.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    here's another 34 OLB prospect to keep an eye on

FSU's Kamerion Wimbley
  3. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Summer is Funner
    I think O'Callaghan might be a better pick in the 2nd round than McNeil. His back problems are begginging to scare me a little bit. I also think that we can get a better guard than reciever in the 3rd. This year's reciever class is weak, and we might be better off getting a reciever next year. I do have to agree with your Lawson pick. You got me drinking the Lawson kool-aid.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I really like O'Cally, but dont' believe he deserves a 2nd round grade, cuz his potential to play both the left and right side isn't as great as McNeil's, and like McNeil, O'Cally has some durability questions of his own, as he's had both his shoulders operated on, so both guys will have to be checked out, but neither are complaining of those problems and feel fine

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Pitt OG Charles Spencer in the 3rd, and taking someone like Oregon WR Demetrius Williams, or BYU Todd Watkins in the 5th round

hehe, Lawson's looking pretty good right now
  5. neosapien23

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Two seperate operations? I think Spencer might be a 2nd round pick. He is outplaying both Lutui and Guilles. Spencer is raising his draft stock and Guilles is hurting his by weighing so much.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    go to NFLDraftCountdown, and click on his bio

I haven't seen much of the OGs, so I'll take your word, Lutui or Guilles would be fine too
  7. neosapien23

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Looked up O'Callaghan. He sounds alot like Pettitti did in college. Not sure if we should take him. He also has problems with speed rushers but is extremely strong. What round do you think Watson will go in?
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    early 2nd, he wont' do enough in offseason workouts to justify underachieving in college
  9. neosapien23

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Yeah, he is tearing up the Senior Bowl. Makes you wonder why he didn't dominate at Michigan. I wouldn't mind drafting Lawson and then Watson if we can sign both Bentley and Barry.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I doubt Bentley even hits the market, and we could use that 2nd better, such as getting someone who could start for us
  11. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    We sure could use this guy, but we might have more pressing needs.....LB, FS, OL?
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,911 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    saw a blurb yesterday that some NFL scouts questions Spencers ability to pick up offensive schemes- sounds like maybe another Gurode in that he does not seem to be able to grasp the mental aspect while being a fearsome physical presence.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,943 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Even Larry Allen gets bullrushed every now and then, happens to everybody.