1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marcus Hunt SMU

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 7, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,482 Likes Received
    RDE just destroying Pitt LT. June Jones said future NFLer. Just a junior but keep an eye on him.
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,818 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    He's also blocked about 14 kicks. Only played 4 years of football so he probably won't come out this year, but he's an early candidate for a pet cat in the 2013 draft.
  3. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    6'8" and 290. 4.6 speed. Great athlete... Won world junior championship in discus and shot. I also think he set record (or came close) for most blocked kicks in NCAA. I have discussed this guy with Hos before. He's still learning the game. Total freak.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Erik Swann was a total freak, really what impresses me about him is how quick he picks up the game and retains the information. Erik Swann was simply impossible to coach but was probably the most athletic freak I have ever seen. This kid needs a lot of refining but his learning curve is much shorter then most from what I have seen.
  5. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    To the OP.... his name is Margus, not Marcus. He is Estonian.

[IMG]

From 2006 Championship:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I've been an SMU Fan since 1976 when Mike Ford was QB and to tell you the truth I love this kid. Won gold medals in both the shot and the discus at the 2006 World Junior Championships in Beijing, becoming the first junior athlete ever to win a shot/discus gold medal double... The current world junior record holder in discus throw. Hes a great Athlete with a non-stop motor at getting to the opposing QB. Hes big, fast and at times unblockable because of his speed and strength. June Jones actually stated when he does come out hes a 1st or 2nd Round Draft Pick. I've personally been watching him since he started playing for the Mustangs and honestly he reminds me so much of Charles Haley it's unreal. Also has 14 Blocked Punts and Field Goals.

This kid will be better than JJ Watt
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,520 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Wow - sounds like a great pick for us with our first rounder in the 2013 draft.
    We really need a premium DE to put on that DL but there aren't any great candidates in this draft unlike last year's with Cam Jordan and JJ Watt.
  8. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The biggest knock on him is that he is a Junior & already 24 yrs old.
    This will cause him to slip in the 2013 draft, IMO.
    I'm looking forward to seeing him play next season for SMU. He seemed to get better every game this season.