1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Markelle Martin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Questfor6, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Anybody else really want us to get this guy tomorrow, I think he's a stud we can groom under Henderson's guidance. I know we still have some holes to fill but I really want this kid to wear the star.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I like him. For us, I may prefer Iloka though
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Def with you on Iloka. We need someone closer to a cb playing back there. I'll say it for like the 10th time in two days, I like interceptions more than sacks.
  4. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Yea I like him too, I was watching tonite with some Packers fans who really thought there trade up was to get Iloka. I don't think this team is desperate but I think we can use one of our late rounders on someone who has a lot more upside than AOA ever had.
  5. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    There's something there with this guy. Lots of talent left for our pick it seems. I kind of expect a move up to get in better position after a night of analyzing what's left.
  6. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

364 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Martin will not last long today. The only reason he's fallen this far are the injury risks. As a player and person he's top shelf, just have to worry about his shoulders and wrists. Nobody is worried about his knee (though he just had surgery a few weeks ago).

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore in Rd 4.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Markelle Martin is a beast. Injury concerns dropped him to Day 3.

I would like to have him. He has the hitting ability of Roy Williams but can cover pretty well. Would be an awesome in the box guy.
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    meh, don't see him a huge upgrade over Pool, and i'm a huge OK St fan.
  9. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,656 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Would be nice to get a FS with one of the 4ths:

George Iloka - 6'4 222 4.66
    *Another Boise State guy; 2X All Mountain West; Can cover TEs and WRs (experienced at corner); willing tackler, hard worker but also a hothead (on field and on sidelines); plays best downhill, better in zone coverage (plays high, little tight - not great change of direction)

Markelle Martin - 6'1 207 4.47
    *Leader of Oklahoma State secondary that focuses on turnovers (motto: Strip it & Pick it); 2011 All Big 12; Smart and high football IQ; ferocious hitter especially for his size; has ability to cover WRs (best in man off); coming off knee (2011) and shoulder (2010) surgeries; Plays big in big games

5th or later:

Janzen Jackson - 6'0 190 4.51
    *McNeese State by way of Tennessee; average 40 belies his explosiveness (37 vert and 10'7 broad) and ball awareness (great jump on ball); 2010 All SEC; dismissed from Tennessee for off field issues (armed robbery - later dismissed); pure ballhawk

Neiko Thorpe - 6'1 200 4.39
    *Auburn; preseason Coaches All SEC; lots of recognized upside, not yet put it together on field; great measurables (4.39 40, 38 vert, 11'5 broad) but not great football player yet

Lance Kelly - 6'1 205 4.54
    *Louisiana Lafayette; All Sun Belt Conference (107 TKL, 10 PBU, 9 TFL, 3 INT, 3 SCK); LB who will have to play S in pros (former WR and Safety); small school experience but versatile, opportunistic and a playmaker
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    He's more of a SS though and they need a FS, they have plenty of those SS types.
  11. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I'd like to see us pickup Blake or Molk at center first. I'll would love to have Markelle in the 5th or trade down back into fourth after we secure the center.
  12. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    A sleeper would be DeQuan Menzie. He played cb at Alabama but is being projected as a FS in the pros. He is # 80 on Mike Mayocks top 100.