1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Marvin Lewis: Pacman got left in Dallas or wherever

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,059 Messages
    5,564 Likes Received
    Dec 512:55PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

On a conference call with local media on Wednesday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was asked how Pacman was doing.

“Adam? Pacman got left in Dallas or wherever,” Lewis said. “Adam’s doing fine. He’s really done well and I think just all the athleticism and all the ability he has it’s been great to see it come to the forefront. He’s obviously turned his life around in a lot of ways and it’s fun to see him as a dad and doing the things he’s doing here. He’s really helped a lot of the young players, Dre Kirkpatrick, who we drafted No.1 this year … Not many people get to live through what he’s lived through and still be standing to play in the National Football League. So his story is one that will be written for a while of a guy who football was that important to him that he realized that a lot of the things going on his life were not benefitting him to play football. They were taking football away from him and you could tell how important football was to him.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702574/no-longer-pacman-its-adam-jones
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Yeah because Dallas started that nick name, and yeah because we drafted him.

Marvin get ready to get embarrassed
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,739 Messages
    2,412 Likes Received
    Other teams didn't leave him, he failed them by not being mature enough to be worth the risks. There's a big difference.

Still think him catching and holding onto 6 punted footballs is amazing. Beyond that, I just don't have a lot good to say about the man.
  4. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Hes a criminal.
  5. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    This ^ and a punk to boot!
  6. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,100 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Lewis is saying that Jones left the Pacman persona in Dallas or wherever. He's not saying that 'teams left him.' He's saying that he didn't bring the Pacman persona with him to Cincinnati. Whether it's true or not, who knows. But, I don't see Lewis taking a shot at Dallas. He's just saying that Jones is no longer a problem in Cincinnati.

YR
  7. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Maybe from Lewis, but it's striking how the media can manage to maintain the illusion that the Cowboys are "splashy" "risk-takers" in free agency who are willing to take a chance on players at the same time that they imply that we were among the teams unwilling to give Pacman a second chance.

It's most bizarre because both of those are wrong.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,100 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I don't see that applying here. I think it's pretty clear that they are relaying the message that Lewis stated, Jones isn't a problem in Cincinnati because he is now 'Adam' instead of 'Pacman' and he left the Pacman persona in Dallas.

I think we are risk takers. We took a risk on T.O. Then Pacman. Most recently with Dez.

Personally, I would rather see them take calculated risks rather than outright gambles.

But again, I don't see how that applies to the thread.

YR
  9. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,569 Messages
    529 Likes Received

and a person that slaps their mother around is what, a choir boy!!
  10. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    I think I recall something about Pacman Jones wanting to be called "Adam" when he was in Dallas.
  11. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,542 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I read it the same way. Knew he was on his last strike and FINALLY matured after he left Dallas. No dig at the Boys.
  12. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis is one of the most celebrated football players of our generation.

And a murderer.
  13. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,599 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    That's not what the courts said
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,777 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Don't forget Tank.
  15. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    If the glove doesnt fit......
  16. GusTheo

GusTheo Member

163 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Good to see he was able to turn his life around (so it seems at least)
  17. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,519 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    & a former Tag Team champion for TNA wrestling. Heh
  18. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,519 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Ray murdered no one. He saw it go down & lied about it.
  19. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Fiction can be fun.
  20. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

693 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    If your referring to Dez then your talking about a little boy in a grown mans body whose mother is a well know prostitute, crackhead and god knows what else....you basically talking about a life style your probably know nothing about and only watch from your TV. We all know what Dez real problem is and most of the league does too, thats why the situation has not esculated the way it has.

GET A GRIP AND GET OVER IT.