1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Matt Ryan is 1-5 in win or go home games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I can say I'm faster than Usain Bolt but that does not make it so.
  2. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I know right. I have heard on countless occasions that QBs prefer crappy OLs and running games. :rolleyes:
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,649 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I see as little reason to disparage Ryan as I do Romo.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,080 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    They both won a single home playoff game. The fact Romo's was first round and Ryan's was second round is meaningless.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,109 Messages
    739 Likes Received

Elway won a super bowl when

A) He had the defense
    B) He had the running game
    C) He had the weapons on offense
    D) He had the right circumstances (i.e. Didn't have to beat the Cowboys, 49ers in the super bowl, he got passed Pittsburgh and that was it).
  6. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Romo had a good coach like Mike Smith, and that good of an offensive line in front of him, he would be a Super Bowl winning QB by now.

Ryan is a good QB. He's not better than Romo at all.
  7. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

7,989 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Actually, it's 1-4, but your point is well taken.

If you google "win or go home romo" you get more than 500 relevant search results.

Try the same thing with "win or go home ryan" and the only relevant result is this thread.
  8. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,514 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I certainly try to avoid having conversations with those who have clearly decided to be anti-Romo no matter what.

But I will say that it surprises me how hard some Cowboy fans work to make sure Romo gets torn down. "Well Ryan's recent loss was in the NFC Chamionship game" or whatever. They are determined to cling to whatever can show our QB in a bad light.
  9. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,572 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Precisely... it was a term created by the media for Romo only because his playoff record wasn't bad enough. You will never find a reference to another quarterback and the statistic, and you never heard the term before Romo either.
  10. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I would still go with ryan! At least he gets his team to the playoffs!
  11. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Several on a Falcons message board are calling him "Matty Melt".
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Yay! Let's celebrate the fact that Romo isn't the only one who sucks in big games!

Does that make some of you feel better?
  13. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    :bow: :laugh2: :bow:
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    They both have exactly 1 career playoff win. Stop treating "bye weeks" as Ws, you sound like Wade.

And FYI.....Romo has also taken this team to the playoffs 3 times already (2006, 2007, 2009)..........Google is your friend, use it.
  15. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,204 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Or the Cowboys:D
  16. randy932

randy932 Member

524 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Ryan is easily a far better QB than Romo. More accurate, more arm strength.
  17. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I'm done arguing with know-nothings about Tony Romo, but I will say that "Matty Ice" gave himself that nickname
  18. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,440 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    They had too many turnovers (both on Ryan), not a strong enough running game, and poor defense. Just look at what the Ravens defense did to Brady.

We need a running game and a turnover oriented defense and it looks like we're moving in that direction:

They fired the running backs coach. At first I thought huh. But then I thought what a lot of people have mentioned our running backs start out good and go down hill after being here. Now if they can build up the offensive line we could be much improved.

For turnovers I think Kiffin and Marinelli are perfect. Just look at what the bears did last year. And it looks like Marinelli will be coaching our best pass rusher in Ware. When you watched the Ravens defense the thing to note was when New England was doing all of it's hurry up stuff They mostly kept the same unit on the field and had Ray Lewis make the calls. From what I understand that's how Kiffin likes to play it also. And we have the smart middle linebacker that should know the defense inside and out to get them lined up in Lee.

All in all things are looking a lot better already and we haven't even had the draft or free agency yet.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,858 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    not at all, the further you go in the playoffs, the better the team you face, the more the win means.
  20. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    A lot of the reason I defend Romo is that the "choke artist" labels are typically applied by idiots who have been wrongfully entrusted with statistics - the ones who think that sample size refers to the miniature cup they give you at Ben and Jerry's to try their new Wet Dog In A Muddy River flavor.

I'll defend Ryan on the same basis. He's the 4th-best quarterback in the league. A few game results plucked out of the air mean practically nothing.