1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mayan calendar to expire in under 100 days

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Doomsday101, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Better grab your bucket list: There's less than 100 days left for you to finish it off -- if you believe in the Mayan apocalypse.

December 21 is the end of days. Or, perhaps it's the 23rd ... Interpreting the Mayan calendar is not a precision science. But what we know is the "Long Count" and "Dresden Codex" calendars of the ages of the Earth do expire in December. Maybe.

And, according to a thriving industry of books, television documentaries and web blogs, that means it's time to kiss everything goodbye.

New Agers around the world have been busy preparing for the event in recent years. Blast shelter sales have soared in the United States, and some remote villages have been cashing-in on the hype by offering "refuge" packages.

Exactly how the world will end is a confused topic, however.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012...under-100-days/?intcmp=features#ixzz26MyUMISm
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I guess I better hold off on buying Cowboys/Saints ticket for Dec 23rd. :laugh2:
  3. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go ahead and buy em'! It won't matter if the world ends anyways :laugh2:
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,454 Messages
    180 Likes Received
  5. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I just like the stupid people that only heard of the year and were posting on 1/1/12 "well the world is still here". Not that the whole thing isn't stupid, but that was more so.
  6. CashMan

1,454 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    A couple years ago, on wife swap, they had one of those couples who were training for the end of the world. They were really out there, and they had a professor come and explain to them, it was not going to happen. The ending interview, they were like, I guess you can not believe everything you read on the internet.
  7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    They forgot the I-Ching/King Wen hexograms.
    @3:50
    [youtube]1aPNcUJuiLY[/youtube]
  8. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Nostradamus predicted this date as well and there is an undeniable, rare planetary alignment that corresponds. Not saying I believe that the world will end, but it is interesting.
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    How does one train for the end of the world?
  10. CashMan

1,454 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    I have no clue, I do not believe it is gonna happen. I think a lot of these crazies build bomb shelters, stock up on canned goods, guns, water, ect.
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,489 Messages
    595 Likes Received

It is a galactic precession or alignment. This is the basis of the Long Count calendar. Every 26,000 years.
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm stocked up on guns and ammo but for a whole different reason. :D
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Me too.

Maybe I'm weird but I watch all this stuff...but I buy into most of it :laugh2: I don't think the world is just going to all of a sudden end, but I'd be shocked if something didn't happen around that time.
    Do everything they do on this show - Doomsday Preppers

[youtube]XbgUZFHb9QY[/youtube]

Pretty sure there was a thread about it a while ago.
  14. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Zombies?!!! People buy into the Mayan calendar way too much.
  15. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    My question, why did Mayans need a calender in the first place? It's not like they were needing to catch a flight or remember some Doctors appt.
  16. CashMan

1,454 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    I've seen Doomsday Preppers, and they are all crazy. When you think end of the world, you think the world exploding. Most of these idiots are in fear of stupid things.

The funniest one, was the NY fireman, who was getting ready for the Yellowstone volcano.
  17. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

700 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Kat Williams said we can find all types of dinosour bones and stuff but we have not found 1 mayan remain except their stupid calendar.....I think thats kind of funny...
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    We don't need to know what you do in your bedroom. :puke:
  19. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Farming. It is always about farming.
  20. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    That is funny. It's not true, but it is funny. There are lots of Mayan remains that have been discovered. They built pyramids that are big tourist attractions.